First character mark on tractor!

/ First character mark on tractor! #1  

Todd_C

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 40A
I took the day off to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather and tear down a cinder block water holding/filtration tank. I started knocking off the upper level with the use of a hammer and chisel. I used the fel on my TC 30 to remove the sand and gravel. I turned the corner to sharp and hit the front endloader support brace. I ended up knocking off a chip of paint /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif; however the remaining block wall fell over /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

After getting over my tractors first battle scar, I decided to remove the re-enforced corners and then used the fel to push over the remaining three walls. I then spent the rest of the day moving debris. My neighbor came over and slobbered as I gathered a few thousand pounds of rock/sand in about 20 minutes.

/ First character mark on tractor! #2  
Character marks on your tractor aren't so bad... it proves you use it for work.

It is the character marks on the side of the house, the back of the pickup, and FEL grooves in the new concrete drive that really hurt.
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ First character mark on tractor! #3  
A tractor's a tool. Tools were designed to be used. Tools have scratches, dents...........etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know a few guys who go out and scratch their tractor/car/truck as soon as they get home to get it over with. Then they go out and use it.

/ First character mark on tractor! #4  
I'm kind of one of the guys who also feels that TOOLS are worthless unless you USE THEM they get bend dinged and broken when you use them or abuse them. the first day I got my tractor home, (litterly drove it off the trailer and down to the creek and into a pile of wild/multi-floral rose which was probably 100 yards long and 40 or so feet wide! some of them were 4" + dia at the base.) the pile of roses lost the battle with my jinma & fel. I know now I should have turned around and used the small back hoe and uprooted them easier. but heck it was the fun of the thing to see how far I could push the pile of them green thorny god awfull things! lol. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I made it about 1 1.5 tractor lenghts deep before the roses struck back at ME hard enough to make me stop and back up... that is wherew the real pain came in OUCH those thorns get really big and hard on the big vines ! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif anyhow use it as you will, I just added the scratches to the hood sooner than most poeple would have... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif now I have a nice green park like area free from overgrown wild/multiflooral roses... though this year the roses I left bloomed like crazy and smelt very good. (yes I have left a lot of them for wild life cover.) this spring I was getting some very nasty "insplisitive" chirps from a bunch of momma rens when I started cutting into one big patch so I left it for the ole girls to raise their young in.!) every time I goe up there those little birds are ready for a fight now! lol I suspose they got a good story for all the young ren babies about the giant they fought off for their home ! ehheeh /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark M

/ First character mark on tractor! #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm kind of one of the guys who also feels that TOOLS are worthless unless you USE THEM they get bend dinged and broken when you use them or abuse them. Mark M
)</font>

Hey Mark my wife feels the same way. About two years ago she decided my new pickup (600 miles on it) was not parked in a good spot. So she decides to move it for me and she parks right behind her new Suburban, (3000 miles on it).
Then she decides to run in the house and get some stuff and run into town. So she gets into the Suburban and backs out, yep she hit my pickup. Both brand new vehicles.

Anyway we laugh at it a lot and will probably will for some time yet.

murph

/ First character mark on tractor! #6  
Todd character marks and a dent or two just brings out the personality on the beast.

I wouldn't own a tractor that I couldn't work and bet that you feel the same way. Might suggest that you invest in a couple of cans of NH touch up paint to keep the rust in check though.

/ First character mark on tractor! #7  
I own only things that I am not afraid to work with. I try to keep everything in good working order. But if it means a scrape or dent sorry it is a tool not a show piece. JIM

/ First character mark on tractor! #8  
Some people just like to "collect" shiny tools.

- Rick

/ First character mark on tractor! #9  
I traded in a 2 year old tractor with a few dings and dents on the hood and a FEL bucket that had an angle welded to it. It didn't seem to affect the trade in allowance and in one case a dealer gave me a price based on hours only... sight unseen. The first one hurts the worse. Like everyone said, it's a tool, not a car.

/ First character mark on tractor! #10  
Yes, my tractor was also promptly marked just after I got it. One of my dogs lifted his leg on the tire, then looked at me as though to say, "This is mine now," but he can't reach the pedals.

Cliff