branson vs. kubota

/ branson vs. kubota #1  

robfarmacist

Tractor
branson 3820 with fel with toothbar
I am interested in buying a Kubota L 3110 or Branson 3820 both in the ball park pricing with a loader.Do you think the extra power and horsepower would be noticed with the branson or I would be better off getting a better known name with less horsepower just for resale or parts?

/ branson vs. kubota #2  
As a Kubota owner, I'm not sure that you will see an advantage to buying a smaller machine if the smaller machine won't do the job. I'd first decide what size and type of machine I needed, then I would price machines that are similar in capabilities. Wouldn't it be better to compare the Kubota L3400 to the Branson 3820? Or are both machines too big for the tasks? Or are both too small? Or are both just right? When you figure out what size/type then do your pricing & testing, and while pricing & testing do your dealer evaluation to make sure they can support the sale with a good service and parts department, make sure they are informed, make sure they have a good reputation and make sure you actually like the tractor and the way it feels. Brand is secondary most any modern brand is going to do what most any other brand will do.

/ branson vs. kubota #3  
rob, welcome to TBN. First, let me say that you need to go to MY HOME at the top of the page, click, and fill out your profile so that we have an idea of what part of the country you're in, and what type of property size. This helps the members give you better answers as others from your area can answer some questions better than we who don't live around you.
Secondly, without knowing what you need to do with your tractor, we can't give good advice.
Kubota, of course, is a much better known, and better selling tractor at this time than Branson, so, yes, parts would be less of an issue. But I don't know how many Branson dealers you may have near you, nor their ability to service what they sell.
Another thing, are you planning on selling the tractor soon after you buy it, since you bring up resale? Almost all brands will take a big hit if you try to sell them too new as new models and great financing can make a newer used tractor less attractive.
Of the two, I suspect the Kubota would bring more on resale right away, but with the inflation in tractors, almost any older tractor will bring good money down the road if it's kept in good condition.
Give us more info on what you have and need to do so we may better serve you. John

/ branson vs. kubota #4  
Rob,
I own a Branson 3510 and agree with what Bob has said. The two you are looking at are fairly different - quite a difference in weight if that matters. I haven't run into any problem with parts, nor have I heard of any problems from the other Branson owners around here. A lot depends on what you want to do with the tractor, dealer location, and how long you plan to keep it. I for one plan to keep mine for a long, long time and am not worried about resale. What's your favorite color? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif