Winter Boots

/ Winter Boots #31  
Good find.
No strings to lace up in an insulated boot. Awesome idea!

Moon of Ohio

/ Winter Boots
Moon
Yes, thats another plus not having to fool with the strings!
Sherpa

/ Winter Boots #33  
Sorry I'm late to respond to this thread...

Anyone else looking for a great boot might want to check these out.
I've worn them from 65 - 10 degree F...they have rapidly turned into my favorite boot...

MUCK boots

Found my first pair at TSC looking for a good mud boot

/ Winter Boots #34  
If you are looking for some serious cold weather gear I can recommend mukluks from Steiger. They look like moccasins with felt liners but I have never had boots so warm in my life. Got them as a present and wondered what I'd do with them since I had perfectly good Sorrels.

I've worn them for three winters, and although they are not a work boot, when you are plowing snow in sub zero they keep you warm.

Not cheap, but nothing good ever is.

/ Winter Boots #35  
I wear the pull on type of Georgia Boot Mudd Doggs. The top half is leather and the sole and foot part is rubber. Totally waterproof, warm, comfortable and cheap to boot (pun intended) about $75. I am going on 2-yrs with the current pair with no complaints.

/ Winter Boots #36  
I have 2 favorites my old Sorrels with wool felt liners and black rubber insulated knee high boots. I bought the black rubber boots at a local fisherman supply shop in Gloucester, MA

/ Winter Boots #37  
800 grams of Thinsulate is a lot.

// But now the boots. I've been wearing Timberland boots for 25 years. "Pro Series" work boots in summer, and Gore-Tex lined hiking boots in winter. SO..... Now they're "fashion items" too.....//
"Tims" were fashion boots when I was in college - which was 40 years ago. Doesn't mean they're bad: some products are popular for a long time because they work well.

I bought a pair of Danner Fort Lewis boots once-worn on eBay for $125. They're probably $300 new.