Voltmaster PTO Genarator

/ Voltmaster PTO Genarator #1  

CamshaftLF

Silver Member
Tractor
96 KUBOTA L2350
I know theres been a lot of discusion on this subject and I,ve read about all of them. just asking if anybody owns a voltmaster brand and if so are you happy with it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifThanks for any replys

/ Voltmaster PTO Genarator #2  
I have one that's about 5 years old. Bought it new, made the frame for it and use a PTO shaft from another piece of equipment. It's always done the job when I hooked up to it. No problems with it so far.

I think the longest I ran it was 6-7 hours in one run. The model I bought is PTO15-12. I use it for my home and for filling cattle waterers when the power's off for one reason or another. I have 4 wells on the farm and several have to be powered when we have power line problems. I made a 3 point hitch for mine so I can use it anywhere.

We use to have outages for 7 days some years back. Once I got the generator it's hasn't been off for 10 hours since. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Voltmaster PTO Genarator
Thanks for info Charolias ; I plane on mouting my perament in my garage, and if need be I can always unbolt it and use it on my 3pt frame that I made for dif projects alreadly. Volt master is made in USA by a company out of Illions SML- Industries. The price I was quoted for the PTO 15-12 is 1089.00 +60.00 shipping+ 180.00 for pto shaft. This price of buying direct where did you purchase yours. Thanks agian /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Voltmaster PTO Genarator #4  
The only thought I'd have on a permanent mount would be that I keep a 2x4 in my garage just for the purpose of perfectly lining up the PTO generator (on its little trailer) when I hook it up and get it running. Normally I find that it vibrates a bit, and it I carefully slip the 2x4 under the trailer and shift if an inch or so either way, it smoothes right out. With a permanent installation, you might have to keep moving the tractor by an inch or so before you got it perfect.

Of course I don't know if it's important to reduce this vibration, but seemed like a good idea to me.

I like having mine on a little trailer.. can take it to a neighbor's, out in the field, etc...

Just my thoughts...

Bob

/ Voltmaster PTO Genarator #5  
I bought mine from http://www.mastersalesonline.com/voltbelt/ Got it shipped to my workplace (offfarm) for $1,194.

If you mount it to the floor, try and get the PTO shaft level with the output shaft on the tractor. You'll have to mount it about 2 feet above the floor. It doesn't have to be perfect but will be easier on the shaft joints if it's close.

BTW, I've used the computer while powering with the generator. No problems doing that. That generator has good steady voltage and hertz.

/ Voltmaster PTO Genarator #6  
We use to have outages for 7 days some years back. Once I got the generator it's hasn't been off for 10 hours since.

Strange how that works, I got a stand alone generator a year or so ago and have not had any power outages since. Cheap insurance I guess /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Voltmaster PTO Genarator #7  
You got that right. Bought a calf puller and it stays in the box. Had the perfect fall crop of calves. I like that better than the generator. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif