Loader Problem

/ Loader Problem #1  

Jackrabbit_Slim

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710
When I dump the LA401 loader on my B2710 I get a "stop" when I'm moving the joystick to the right.

I move the stick to the right to where it stops and it slowly curls the bucket down. I can "push past" this stop and get a much quicker dump, but it's taking away some of the fine control to do it.

Had a look at the linkage off the stick and everything looks fine. Is this normal for this loader, or do I need to start looking at the valves?

Thanks,

Slim

/ Loader Problem #2  
Slim, I don't know whether that's normal on yours, but my '99 B2710 and LA401 loader sure didn't have anything like that.

/ Loader Problem #3  
On my Kioti, pushing past the stop puts it in fast dump mode. It almost seems like a float position,(which it may be)

/ Loader Problem #4  
Sounds as if you have the four position bucket spool, by moving the lever thru the detented position it puts the bucket it the fast dump mode allowing the bucket to dump faster. You wouldn't use the feature when you were trying to be precise, it would be used for dumping the loader quickly say when you are dumping into a truck or piling material.

/ Loader Problem #6  
You have the 4 position control valve. I quote from the Kubota loader manual:

<font color="red"> This control valve has a two-stage dump position. The first dump position (by moving the lever to the right) is the "Regular" dump position. It has good power and control for precise dumping. This position should be used when operating another implement with the loader's control valve.

The second dump position (to the further right) features greater speed for dumping. These two positions are seperated by a "Feel" position for your convenience. </font>

In addition, somewhere here on TBN (I am too lazy to search for it) Kubmech or someone else explained how this was implemented inside the valve.

Be lucky that you have this valve. Others have wished they had ordered that option.

/ Loader Problem #7  
I think the other guys are right. I forgot about that and I didn't have the 4 position valve.

/ Loader Problem #8  
My L3130 has this. It is basically a float position for the bucket rather than the arms. I'm surprised the dealer didn't go over this with you.

/ Loader Problem
Thanks to you all. And a special thanks to the Mad Ref for looking up and posting the link to a most informative thread. You are one outstanding group of people.

Slim