i will buy one soon...i swear

/ i will buy one soon...i swear #1  

well, i have never owned a tractor, but i just bought about 200 acres of planted pineland in south georgia, have a small single wide there and now i have to mow between the rows of pines, they are planted pretty close together so a large tractor will not do, also i need to build up access roads, move dirt and knock down some trees, i guess that i will need a bushog (which is best?) and box blade, harrows...i have looked at 35 hp tractors and seem to have narrowed it down to kubota L3400, New holland or deere...any recommendations?? i do not think that i can beat the kubota for the price...quoted me 16k with fel, no implements, is that a good deal and does anybody know if the 2004 model is ANY different than the 2005 model...thanks in advance, this site has helped me a bunch, as an example, i thought a bushog was just a bushog, come to find out about spindles, pins, rear wheels, etc etc, i have a lot of bushogging to do..any rec's on this???thanks again..

/ i will buy one soon...i swear #2  

I do not know about the price being good or not, I do know that Kubota has some regional price differences that are quite a bit different. All are good machines take them all for a test drive and find the one that you like the features and controls on best. Also find a dealer that you like, then I would worry about price. A few hundred one way or the other won't matter, get the one you like best. If the price difference is a few thousand I would take that into consideration.

I asked a similar question about 04 or 05, 3430 a few weeks back no changes for me, I doubt there are any changes on the 3400.

I have a Land Pride brush hog, and it works good so far. Just about all the dealers around here were selling them. There are several brands and I am sure regional differences will play a role in selection and price.

steve

/ i will buy one soon...i swear #3  
The only change that I have heard on the L3400. Is it will be available with HST in 2005.

/ i will buy one soon...i swear #4  

I recently purchased my first tractor and the best advice I got from this forum is: Dealer, Dealer, DEALER.

I went with a dealer that I built a very good relationship with prior to the sale. He was extremely patient (I’m a newbee and an engineer to boot), helpful and down to earth. The dealer has come through on several issues including free pick-up & delivery for service, replacing some warranty items they could have passed off, prompt on-site service when I had a starting problem, free 50 hour service (agreement was for labor at my site but in January asked to take it to shop), and they washed and waxed the machine (in January no less) when they did the 50 hour service. Some others have had bad experiences with their dealer and I feel for them. You’re at their mercy for warrantee issues and minor glitches.

Second is to test drive the models you are considering including maneuvering and attachment hook-up. Some dealers may bring a machine to your property. One I was working with who was 30 miles away offered to. Finally, talk to anyone who owns the models or makes you are looking at.

I went with a New Holland TC33DA and I am delighted in my decision. My only regret is I should have spent more time looking at the attachment choices.

I do not have a brush hog but have heard good things about Land Pride. Their attachments are significantly more that Woods in this area. So, I went with Woods TPH attachments. They have been very good for me.

…Derek

/ i will buy one soon...i swear #5  
Make sure you really are comparing apples to apples. Kubota is a good machine, but my Bro-in Law bought a new L3130 and told me he got a good deal. Now he wants to run a hyd cyl on a back blade. DOH! ....no remotes!! Now Dealer quotes him $600 to add one remote. Make sure you have what you want when you buy it. It's expensive afterwards...BobG in VA who has Mahindra. Double check them before you finalize your deal. Their 3510 sounds like what you're looking for. BobG in VA

/ i will buy one soon...i swear #6  
As for a brushhog... I just bought a Modern 4ft hog and it is a very solid unit. I don't know where you are or how wide spread Modern attachments are. They are manufactored about 30 miles from where I live. I looked at a few of the budget brands and found the build quality to be inferior to the Modern. They also offer them in galvanized for only about $60 more than the painted versions. That is a big plus IMO. Their website is Modernusa.com. There are a lot of good brands out there... I just found the Modern to be the best for the price and so far have been very pleased with it.