HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #1  

Indydirtfarmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2440/4440/4020/4955
I don't know that this belongs in this catagory.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm not sure it belongs anywhere, but I HAD to post it somewhere! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We have 788 acres of "family farm" about 40 miles north of where we live. My son is moving into the old farm house. He will eventually take over he place. My wife and I both have "day jobs" in Louisville. We have a house just south of the city. A house on 2/3rds of an acre..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We just came home from looking at 48 acres about 3 miles south of where we live now. It has a nice (OLD) 3 bedroom farmhouse, with copper roof, a wrap-around porch, 2 fireplaces, a 40' X 90' barn (with gambrell roof) , 2 ponds, a well established orchard with apple, cherry, and peach trees. About 1000' of tree lined driveway, and "ME" written allover the place. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I had a price in mind before the realator met us there. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The "asking price is $39,000 UNDER what I was prepared to spend. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We will take one more look at the place tomorrow, then make a formal offer...Wish me luck! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #3  
Congrats on the find. Hope that everything will work out for you. The perfect place is hard to find.

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #4  
Indy; Sound like you fell into the old pile of good *$^@! Good for you! BTW, you must be a Ren & Stimpy fan too! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #5  
That is really grand! Enjoy. Now you will have enough room to turn around. And not see a house too close. Country life is back!

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #6  
Hey Indy, you moving closer to me here in Georgetown. Sounds like a great place, good luck on it.

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #7  
Wow! Sounds like a great find. I'll bet your head is already spinning with the project list. Good luck with the next steps.

-Norm

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #8  
Best of luck!

I know what it is like to see someone "DRAWN" to a place.
Keep us posted, either way.

I hope it really works out for you. I need a projects buddy!

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY #9  
Best of luck to you Indy! I hope to hear how it turns out, and it's nice to see you on this site too. I have appreciated your insight and straight-forwardness on that "other" tractor site, and look forward to getting alot of good information from you here also!

It's nice to be the "bat" instead of the "ball" every once in a while... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aka as "Rick in Michigan"

/ HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
Well! Good to hear from you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've taken a liking to this site. No politics, no personal insults, and good, straightforward answers. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sure not like some other sites. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just got a call where someone got their foot in the door ahead of us on the property.... They've made an offer. I have asked the real estate agent to relay the message that we'll take it at their "asking price", but I'm not sure they'll hear about us until the decision is made on the first offer. (I don't even know if the first offer is LESS than the asking price, but I'm assuming that it is) Oh well.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If we don't get it, it just wasn't meant to be...... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif