Using Grapple to pull brush tips tractor forward

/ Using Grapple to pull brush tips tractor forward #31  
Breaking up the Beaver Dam

Attachments

• 618816-Removing a beaver dam small.jpg
    618816-Removing a beaver dam small.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 147
   / Using Grapple to pull brush tips tractor forward #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My suggestion was supposed to be somewhat humorous. The "hook" I showed stands over 41/2 feet high, and is quite heavy. )</font>
I sort of wondered if it was supposed to be humorous and was afraid that I would insult you if you had been serious. I was going to say something like, "That would make his rear wheels come up without a load!" but I held my fingers back from typing it in case you meant it!
That beaver dam was sure a work of art, shame it had to go, but sometimes they just do.
Probably was a fun job huh? Hook and all. John

/ Using Grapple to pull brush tips tractor forward #33  
Removing the beaver dam was a lot of dirty hand work. They are some engineers. All manner of materials involved; from a 30 foot log to countless beaver cut 2-6' pieces, and everything inbetween. Also lots of rocks - some 1/2 size of basket ball - most softball size. They, the last I knew, did not have access to a FEL, yet there was yards upon yards of mud involved also. Quite impressive.

Of course, it was fun, until I drove the tractor a "little" too far forward, onto the loosened dam. : /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I receive that sinking feeling..Had a logging winch on the 3PH, so I got out OK.

The "hook", best I can tell, is actually the main piece (don't know what it's called), from a horse drawn plow.