Tires I need info on foam filled tires

/ I need info on foam filled tires
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Saw on the news just the other day that some of the new Hybrid autos don't have spare tires as a weight saving measure. They do have a 12 volt air compressor and a can of liquid tire sealant in case of emergency.
)</font>

That quite interesting PineRidge. We just got two new Honda hybrids at work last week. I never even looked to see if it had a spare. I'll have to check on that.

/ I need info on foam filled tires #22  
Late model corvettes have run flat tires. You can drive 50 miles at 55 mph on a flat. You can't easily see if they are low, so GM installed a digital psi gauge on the instrument panel.

/ I need info on foam filled tires #23  
Hi everyone - you can use polyurethane elastomers (aka foam fill) for 100% flat free performance. Simply put, liquid polyurethane flatproofing is injected into your tire, replacing all the air. The liquid cures to a solid mass in 24 - 48 hours, rendering your tires completely flat free. You can use your exisiting tires and wheels as long as they are in good shape.

My name is Bob Giasson and I am the Director of Marketing for Arnco, the world's leading manufacturer of this type of product. You can view our products on-line at Arnco The Tire Flatproofing Experts

We have over 500 dealers across North America that can help solve all your flat tire issues. Please browse our web site to view our products, and feel free to drop us a line if we can help you. Thanks, Bob

/ I need info on foam filled tires #24  
Bob

Where can I find a list of dealers in my area?

Solo

/ I need info on foam filled tires #25  
I was the lab tech for a company called hugger mfg and we used a mixture of voranol, niax, and mondure 128 as the catalyst. we mixed Isosyanate with this liquid and it would produce polyurathane foam that had minimal compression. We sold the end product to man beer lovers. It was one of the first beer can coolers. I read an entry on filling the tires yourself and that formula would be perfect. That reply used canned minmally expanding foam from home depot and filled therough the valve stem after drilling a hole in the top of the tire to allow the air to escape. I am doing mine today I think he used the old bean on that idea.

/ I need info on foam filled tires #26  
Henro:

Can you please tell me what dealership you went to, to have your tires filled with gel? Also, do you think I could obatain the gel, and perform the operation myself?

Please advise.

/ I need info on foam filled tires #27  
It is 2013. I have a field filled with those Bradford Pear offspring and every time I go to bushog my field I always get a flat in one or both of my front tires. At $25 a pop, it is getting very expensive. Do you still suggest the foam filled tires?

/ I need info on foam filled tires #28  
It is 2013. I have a field filled with those Bradford Pear offspring and every time I go to bushog my field I always get a flat in one or both of my front tires. At $25 a pop, it is getting very expensive. Do you still suggest the foam filled tires?

I ran over a stick with my M9000 and poked a hole in one front (12.4x24) about the size of my little finger. I put about a gallon of green slime from TSC in and aired it up. The hole was sealed and it has been fine ever since. I use the slime in my 4 wheelers and have had very good luck with them as well.

At the quarry I worked at we foam filled our skid steer tires for a while. Due to the fact that they had no give and maybe because of the extra weight it was hard on wheel bearings. We went away from foam and started adding tire sealant when new tires were installed and hardly ever had flats. My opinion I would stay away from the foam.

/ I need info on foam filled tires #29  
Thanks Bulldog. If at all possible, I don't want to make an already bad situation worse. Will keep thinking on it.

/ I need info on foam filled tires #30  
I foamed the front tires on both my tractors. One is a 35hp 4x4 that I do most of my mowing with, the other is a full sized 2wd backhoe that I use for clearing the land, taking out trees, carrying them to the burn pile and of course, digging and moving dirt. I've tried green slime and purple slime. The purple was a lot better, but both have a limited life span and only work for so long. After a few years of that, and then going to tubes, which didn't last either, I foamed the small tractor first. The results where so impressive that I did the backhoe. Except for the grapple, foaming the tires is the best thing I did for getting things done and to be able to work all day. Flats where killing me, and it wasn't the cost of getting them fixed so much as the time it took to stop what I was doing, take off the tire, get it fixed, and put it back on. A whole day that should have been productive was wasted!!!! I haven't had a flat or any issues since doing this a few years ago. My only regret is not doing it sooner. The tires do weigh more, but they are rolling and the weight of the tire is on the ground, so it doesn't matter. I'm surprised that bearings would fail sooner because of the tires weighing more, but kind of think it might be operator abuse to some extent also. Another bonus that I've noticed is that while mowing in soft conditions, I have more traction from the added weight up front.

Eddie