Hinomoto-Massey

/ Hinomoto-Massey #1  

Trainer

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 220-4
Somewhere I read the Hinomoto and some Massey Fergusons were made by the same company. If this is true, are the parts interchangeable? My tractor is a Massey-Ferguson 220-4 and needs power steering. The Massey 220-4 did not come with power steering but if the Hinomoto has power steering, maybe I could put it on mine. So my question is, can I get Hinomoto power steering and put it on a Massey Ferguson 220-4? If I can, where can I find the parts and what model Hinomoto will work?

/ Hinomoto-Massey #2  
I believe some Hinomoto Masseys were built, but I don't remember the details. However, there are universal kits to add power steering to tractors. I'm sure someone who remembers where to get them will chime in here. John

/ Hinomoto-Massey #3  
Hinomoto did build the Massey 220 as well as the 10 series, 1010, 1020, 1030. I can't remember what Hino matched the 220. I had a couple of Hino 2304's which were cousins to the 1030. They had power steering, but were a later model. I have not seen any of the older Hino's with power steering that are the vintage of your 220. Also note that Hinomoto built for Allis Chalmers. I believe you would have a better chance finding a PS unit through Allis or aftermarket.