New Tractor WOO HOO !!!

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!! #1  

49tandc

Tractor
SAME Argon 50/FEL; IH B414
I've been lurking on this board for a little while now and got a lot of good FEL info off the board. I'm just about to take delivery of a SAME 50HP with FEL. My poor old '67 IH will just mow from now on. I need to FEL & rootrake to dig up palmetto & wild rosemary bushes. I can't wait to get it.

49 T&C

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!! #2  
Congratulations and enjoy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ben

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!! #3  
That sounds great, perhaps a toothbar on your FEL blade would be the way to go for cleaning out the understory brush, especially those tenacious palmettos.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!! #4  
That is great! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I remember when I got my new tractor.....I remember spending the first day just pushing dirt, knocking trees over, and, when the boss was not looking, chasing the dogs. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Come to think about it.....I am still doing that. Heck, I might just go home tonight and do that some more.

If you get a chance, take some pics when the new rig gets there and you start working.

Be Safe.
Mark

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!! #5  
Welcome to the TBN site.

When you take delivery of your new tractor please don't forget to post a few pictures here at the site for us all to see.

Pictures are one of the requirements anytime a TBN member gets a new tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Action shots are next on the list.

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!! #6  
Congratulations. I've heard some good things about the SAME tractors. I agree with the toothbar as your next implement purchase. I can tell you I've done a lot of palmettos without the toothbar, and it's a terrible mess. With toothbar, a whole lot sweeter. For the cost of a toothbar, you'll increase the usefullness of your tractor by a ton. John

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!!
I wanted a separate root rake - a local welder put something together that would look comfortable on a big CAT loader. I've already got a BB, discs, and pasture rake, I just ned to get the dsamn things out of the ground. I spoke to the palmettos and told them their time was up. The palmettos fear me now! an 6' round wild rosemary bush will pop right up when I get this thing going (delivery is tomorrow). I'll have some nice burn piles when the palmettos dry out (don't burn well when green).

Can't wait... KiotiJohn - where are you located? Looks like Baker/Clay/Duval landscape in your pic.

49T&C

/ New Tractor WOO HOO !!! #8  
Jacksonville. Tractor came from Bradford Cty. John