Tractor Specs..

/ Tractor Specs.. #1  

Tracer

I have a Massey TO-35 deluxe 4cyl diesel, with fel and 3-pt, am trying to find out what year it is and what hp. sn# SDM-194208.. I'm in the process of selling it but not sure of specs. can anyone help? What kind of price should I ask? runs very good, clutch works good, may need a little brake work, r-brake not working well but L-brake works good.. it a massey fel with manual dump. 2 stage pto. its ready for work,, been going to ask 2500. for it.. thanks for the help..

/ Tractor Specs.. #2  
I hope your not too suprised to find that it's not a massey.. but only a ferguson. In other words.. they hadn't partnered yet.. A TO-35 is a ferguson tractor.

Made 55-57, has draft only hyds as far as I know ( the 20 and 30 did.. )

23.6hp at the drawbar.. 4 cyl contental engine gas standard during those years.... 134ci
Diesel models in 58 and 59. Starting sn in 59 was 187xxx

That engine size is very similar to a ford NAA.. NAA engine hp is about 32 or 33.. perhaps 27-30 at the pto.. etc. That's all considering the gas engines. I don't have hp specs on te diesel models.. but looking at the ford engines that used the 134ci block on the diesel units.. could have hp up in the 40's.. say40- 45 possibly at engine...38- 40 at pto etc. Thos ear big guesses based on very similar sized ford gas/diesel engines based on similar ci displacement, and time frame.. etc. Ferguson and ford units in the late 50's were still remarkable close in many designs..

That should give you a rough idea of your tractors capability.

weighed 3090# for gas job.

Your sn puts it as a late 59, according to my list.. though i don't hacve specific info for your diesel model.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Tractor Specs.. #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hope your not too suprised to find that it's not a massey.. but only a ferguson. In other words.. they hadn't partnered yet.. A TO-35 is a ferguson tractor.

Soundguy )</font>

Actually, it IS a Massey Ferguson. The merger took place in 1954, with tractors produced until late '56 still being badged as Massey Harris and/or Ferguson. In the late production run of 1956 models, the change to Massey Ferguson was introduced. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My grandfather was a Ferguson, then Massey Ferguson dealer. I still have his Ferguson 40,an early 1957 model, and my dads 1957 Massey Ferguson 50. The 50 was delivered to our farm on the day I was born.(Aug 4th,'57) We still have a garage full of old records from the dealership. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The TO-35 Deluxe diesel was made in 1958 and 1959. Near as I can tell, that serial # (SDM-194208) would put it as a late production number tractor. Probably around June to August of 1959. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If anyone's interested, I have a complete set of (original Massey Ferguson) shop manuals for the TO-35/MF50 tractors. It was the latest and greatest info released from Massey in 1959. If anyone's interested, PM me. I'll shoot you a price.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Tractor Specs..
Thanks for the Info, that helps, I've been searching all over the net to find a little info on this tractor, Its actually a very good tractor and has done a lot of work for me, but the wife says its time to up grade to a GREEN 4310!!! YE HAAAA real soon.......... Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif [image]http://[/image] /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Tractor Specs.. #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Actually, it IS a Massey Ferguson. The merger took place in 1954 )</font>

I think you will find that the unit is still officially listed as a Ferguson to-35.. not a massey ferguson to-35.

Same with Ford and NH. The merger started going years before the ford name was dropped from the tractors. there was an overlap where ford and NH logo's appeared on the tractors.

The badge on that tractor will say ferguson.. not MF... reguardless of what the company was doing at the time, even if it was a licensing agreement, or model runout.. etc.

Soundguy