Kubota Orage Paint /fixing hairline scratches

/ Kubota Orage Paint /fixing hairline scratches #1  

jkm

Tractor
Kubota B7510
Hi Everyone,
I found a few tiny hairline scratches on the hood of my B7510. I want to fix them. The dealer said that I could spray some paint into the lid of the can and use an art brush to fix it. I just do not want to botch it up....any suggestions?

/ Kubota Orage Paint /fixing hairline scratches #2  
I am an fairly decent artist, (oil painting), and I have never been able to repair hairline scratches with paint without making a mess. Try Turtle Wax "Color Magic" car wax on it. in fact, I have not tried it, but you might try artists' oil paint in the scratches. When dry, you can wipe off the excess with mineral spirits, leaving the remainder in the scratch. You may have to mix red and yellow to get proper color.

/ Kubota Orage Paint /fixing hairline scratches #4  
Are the scratches down to the metal or just hailine surface scratches?

Maybe a picture would help.

You might be able to rub them out (yeah copper rub you out see /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) with some rubbing and polishing compound?? Maybe

/ Kubota Orage Paint /fixing hairline scratches #5  
Here's a before.

Attachments

• 623482-B4Hoodx.jpg
    623482-B4Hoodx.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 423
   / Kubota Orage Paint /fixing hairline scratches #6  
Here's an after. There's also a scratch remover called NP27, I'm sure you can find it with a search, like "As Seen On TV".

Attachments

• 623485-FTRHoodx.jpg
    623485-FTRHoodx.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 399
   / Kubota Orage Paint /fixing hairline scratches #7  
Dip the tip of a toothpick in the paint (thinned enough to flow into the scratch) and just fill the scratch level with the surface. Let the paint cure for about a week and follow with a good polishing compound. The technique may take some practice, but I think that you will have good results.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif