SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend?

/ SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #22  
Re: SO..What \"tractorin\'\" did you do over the weekend?

John,

I kind of know how you feel. My father n law was in a farm accident about three weeks ago. He wasn't expected to live but is still hangin in there. My wife has been out there now for almost the whole time so I have been playin dad, mom, taxi cab and whatever else goes with takin care of kids. The fact that you are helping out is great. I am glad there is them kind of people around yet.

Oh by the way, I did get 2 hours in de-thatching the lawn.

murph

/ SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #23  

Finished grading out my terrace so water will drain all the way to the end. Dug 60' of trench and placed a 6" stand/slip pipe at the end of the terrace. This is just for normal rains to help keep the terrace from being a mosquito pond. What the pipe wont take will drain over the end to the catch dam like normal.

Fixed up the 2-5' deep x 40' long rut that has been in the making for 20 years before I bought the land. Will add corregated perf pipe so its not a firehose at the outlet.

Dug out some small trees and 10 stumps. Dug up some grass and transplanted it into to some runoff areas.

Dug up/moved several yards of wood chips to use as mulch around existing trees and a walkway.

/ SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #24  

Orchard cleanup.

I'm taking the hollow logs over to the property line where there is a row of oaks, to make some hedgerow habitat for the little critters.

Attachments

• 625565-IMG_3089r2-HaulLog.jpg
    625565-IMG_3089r2-HaulLog.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,123
   / SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #25  

Hauled sap every couple of days. Then hit the sugarhouse for the boil. Not much tractor time but the results were sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #26  

Dug out a locust stump and a bunch of small locust trees growing off the roots and tore the roots out too. Dug up some other scrub trees and ripped out the roots so they would not grow back. Used the FEL to clean up sticks and limbs and such in the yard and put them on the burn pile.

Took the FEL and BH off and put the MMM on and cut the grass.

Was a good tractor weekend.

Gotta call my dealer and set an appt for my 50 hour service. After this one I am gunna do them myself but I am pretty sure that he threw in that free 50 hour service when I bought the trtactor so why not let them do it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #27  

Back-filled the foundation for a friend of mine and then dug him a dry well with the backhoe. Had a BLAST! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't think we've gotten one drop of rainfall in the last ten days...

Dry...almost summer like temps (feels that way anyway)...no rain in sight for another week if you believe the weatherman...

Is doing a rain dance around the tractor at the end of the day considered tractoring?

I work hard all day and when I come into the house I what do I get?

"Anybody that saw you down there might think you're nuts!"

Hey, what can I say? It's hard to dance properly when you got a glass of something in each hand that you don't want to spill... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

So.... Do we need to SEE you doing the dance to establish your being "nuts"????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #29  

What is more fun than tractorin'?

This is what I did this weekend, see attachment

On Monday, I cut the grass, weedeater, filled in some, cut the new neighbors grass, and then crashed.

On vacation, and working harder than if I was working.

Attachments

• 625689-100_1321.JPG
    625689-100_1321.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 200
   / SO..What "tractorin'" did you do over the weekend? #30  

Yes guys and gals, that is a black leopard kitty about to pounce on the chrome dome. Some scum had her as a pet, declawed her then made a mistake telling someone........it is illegal to own wildlife in Ohio. She is at the rescue center that we frequent and will soon be volunteering at. The breeder lost all his animals as well, and now faces felony charges, transporting illegal animals across state lines.

This gal, while healthy in ever way will never be able to be in the company of other leopards due to the declawing, unless they find her sister and brother who are also declawed.

And that my wonderful friends is more fun than tractorin'. Well considering I get to do both, I have the best of both worlds

Attachments

• 625691-100_1327.JPG
    625691-100_1327.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 175