HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #11  
Indy, OOH! Man Plowing is a blast ,But alas I have an old single bottom plow That I use behind my Old Massey 135 with turf tires no-less on my small garden and just as soon as it starts to shine-up a little I'm finished /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif... I guess I'll just have make the garden bigger next time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On the picture size thing ,I have used this one with good results and it is fairly easy, you might like it also /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #12  
someone mentioned, adjusting your camera to it's lowest setting when taking pictures for email or posting. that is sound advise,but for pics you already ,open anyone of your photo editing programs and resize them to 640x480 then save as what ever, and that should do it and bring you under the 100,000 requirement.

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #13  
Indy
If you would like to enlist some help, PM Wesdor. He retired from teaching computers and is very good at it. He is my brother and I am good at volunteering his help. I do not have problems resizing often, but when I do I send them to him and he sends them back resized ready to post.

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #14  
Indy et. al,

More than you ever wanted to know:

A typical digital image's file size is a function of two things: quality setting, and pixel count. To reduce the size of your images, you can reduce the quality (by increasing the compression), or decrease the pixel count (by scaling the image to a size smaller than the original), or a combination of the above.

For argument's sake, I'll assume your images are JPEGs. The JPEG compression algorithm will yield a varying amount of compression depending on image content. Images will little detail will compress very well, and images with lots of detail will NOT compress well. Therefore, there is no single easy formula to obtain the best quality/biggest image possible at a give file size (believe me, it's been tried).

Depending on the camera, and it's capabilities, you can reduce the size of new images by changing its settings to use a lower quality, and/or in some cases a smaller image size. For most images, and most consumer level cameras, this should yield images with file sizes of less than 100K.

For existing images, you will need to edit them in an image editing application of some sort. There was probably one bundled with your camera that will allow you to change the quality and/or size of your image. If not, there are commercially available software packages that will do a great job.

For the average consumer's needs, I would suggest Adobe Photoshop Elements (which lists for $99, but the street price is quite a bit less). It will do everything you need and more. For the record, I am biased, as I am a software engineer for Adobe, and I work on Photoshop.

-nosualc

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #15  
Ditto, It's all about the <font color="red">scent!</font> Nothing like fresh soil.

BTW, dirt is what the wifey cleans up and washes out of the laundry. But, soil is what men tend to. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I first dropped them in to the ground, they stopped me in my tracks. The "landing adjustment was off a mile. That had too much resistance against the landslides. After I changed that, I needed to deal with fore/aft adjustment. After a couple rounds, I had everything clicking. The old Deere plow was working like a new one. After a half acre or so, the moldboards started to shine up... Then it pulled like it wasn't even back there. )</font>

Just like whittling with a sharp knife! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Blah, blah, blah, bl...

We're talking about plowing here.

Thank you )</font>
Now you just leave him alone! We want Indydirtfarmer to learn how to post the pics of that ploughing! I'll sit through photo 101 to be able to see the pics of his work. Thanks, John
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #19  
5 acres in 2 1/2 hours?
I'm jealous. It took me longer to do two patches of 4000 sq ft each. But then, I only have a 1x14. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Pictures would be good for those of us who would like to see how it's supposed look afterwards. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I pick up my plow last Saturday, and spent the rest of the day learning how to use it. Still have a lot to learn, but it turned over the sod, which is all I needed to do.