F455D ??? many questions

/ F455D ??? many questions #1  

johnnyb

Tractor
Yanmar F455D
I just bought a F455D tractor and was told it was a yamnar. Can anyone tell me about this tractor and does anyone else own one?? thanks JOHN

/ F455D ??? many questions #2  
Well, I can tell you that it's a later model Yanmar, built for the Japanese market, not the US Market. I don't know where you're from, maybe it was sold in your country if you're not from the US.

When you get a chance, click on MY HOME at the top of the page, then choose personal settings to fill out your profile. It will help folks to know where you are, and those who are close may be able to help more than we who are further from you.

The F455D is 45 HP at the PTO, about 50 HP engine. There are no English Language Manuals for it that I know of, unless you can find a translation at www.hoyetractor.com
They are a fairly good source for information as well.
Also, you can post in the Yanmar forum on the Main Index page under Other Brands. There are a lot of knowledgable folks that go there, and many sell parts for these tractors.

I've only seen one F455D, and it was pretty awesome. You're going to find that parts are expensive, and sometimes difficult to get because there was no US equivalent to the F series when Yanmar was selling in the US.

I hope you'll enjoy TBN, and post some pictures of your tractor for us. I love the Yanmars, just didn't want the hassles that can sometimes accompany them.

John

/ F455D ??? many questions
Thank you very much for the info,, I will do a profile also.. I live in Mtn City TN. and this is my 1st experence with a tractor. I dont know how to make the pto operate at different speeds.. it has a lever with 4 speeds on it but no matter where i put it the pto goes slowley??any input on this???
Thanks JOHN

/ F455D ??? many questions #4  
Have you run the throttle up to PTO rpm? There should be a mark on the tachometer that shows the various PTO RPM, usually the 1st slot will be the lower PTO speed. I think that one has from 540 to 1000 right? You know, I think it would be best if you posted the specific question in the Yanmar forum, and there's a guy in there named Len Sheaffer (sp) who knows a LOT about these tractors.
Many of the Yanmar guys don't show up in here, and they can surely help you better with that tractor. I know one thing, it's a great looking beast!
I hope you find what you need to know.
John

/ F455D ??? many questions
Thank you very much for the info,, How do I get to the Yanmar forum???