Tractorless

/ Tractorless #1  

40_acre_mule

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701
I just sold my tractor. I feel lost. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I had a Ford 4000 with a FEL. I've been running it hard for 6 years. It was a good tractor. It made all the difference while I was clearing my 40 acres.
But now, the land is to the point where I just need to maintain. Plus, I have a half dozen soft, mucky spots in my fields. The 2wd Ford was just too heavy and couldn't get through the muck.
I feel like I got a decent price for it without ripping off the buyer. We both seemed happy with the deal, so I guess that's all that counts.
Now, I gotta wait until at least the 1st of June to get the new tractor. I think I'm having withdrawal already and I just sold it yesterday. I didn't realize how much operating a tractor gets into your blood.
Y'all light a candle for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractorless #2  
I know how you feel. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mine's at the dealer split in 2 - apparently, the 50" tiller and the rock hard clay ground were too much for the PTO clutches. Tried to mow last week, and the blades actually stopped rotating at one point, where last summer, they'd power through like it was nothing.

Now the salesman and the service guys are arguing about whether or not the tiller is too big for my machine. We'll see what they come up with after they do a little research.

/ Tractorless #3  
Believe me, I know what both of you mean. My tractor is in the shop (so to speak) in another state because of a cracked head. I have not had it that long and was really enjoying it. I've been without now about three weeks, and haven't heard a thing from this place. And to top that off, I live 2 hours from my farm and my job only allows me the luxury of getting up there about twice a month! So now I'm really suffering on my days off with nothing to do because I can't get work (and play /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) done on the farm. The grass and briars are nearly three feet high! Oh well, that's how it goes I guess. Hopefully, at least, I will get it back as good as new.
Dennis

/ Tractorless #4  
You get no sympathy at all from me. I had to sell my tractor and move back to town a couple of years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tractorless #5  
And poor ol Golfgar (Garry) hasn't even bought his yet....... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractorless #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mine's at the dealer split in 2 - apparently, the 50" tiller and the rock hard clay ground were too much for the PTO clutches. Tried to mow last week, and the blades actually stopped rotating at one point, where last summer, they'd power through like it was nothing.)</font>

Well, after splitting the case (no pun intended), it turns out the PTO clutches are fine. Apparently, it was the PTO engage lever and mechanism that made it's way out of adjustment, and was not allowing the PTO clutches to fully engage. My tractor showed up back on my property this afternoon. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to try it out before next Tuesday, so I have to wait to find out for sure. But I'm glad it wasn't the clutches. Think I'll hook up that big 50" tiller and bury it in some hard dirt, and see what happens next week. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Tractorless
Well, Bird

I can return that lack of sympathy. I wouldn't permanently move back to the city for ten times my current salary.

/ Tractorless #8  
Gee guys,

I can't really remember my tractor being gone for more than a day. Except for when a friend of mine uses it for a week and yes I miss it. But I have found that when TBN goes down I really hurt?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Murph

/ Tractorless #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( wouldn't permanently move back to the city for ten times my current salary )</font>

Nor would I for money, but for family is a different matter. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif