Tractor addiction - wife abandonment - Guilt

/ Tractor addiction - wife abandonment - Guilt #61  
After a four day weekend off work, I had to go back to my day-job today :(

I was able to use my tractor four days in a row, but sadly couldn't today. I'm suffering from "Tractor Withdraw." :eek:

/ Tractor addiction - wife abandonment - Guilt #62  
jas67 said:
After a four day weekend off work, I had to go back to my day-job today :(

I was able to use my tractor four days in a row, but sadly couldn't today. I'm suffering from "Tractor Withdraw." :eek:

I feel your pain, but what a great way to spend 4 days.

Interesting how much more fun it is to be using a tractor now on various projects around our house than it was about 40 years ago when I spent many hot summer days haying with a ~ 1953 International Super C (I think) with, of course, the requisite Maxwell House coffee can over the exhaust to keep rain from getting in when it was parked.

:rolleyes:

Jay

/ Tractor addiction - wife abandonment - Guilt #63  
When you spend 50 hours a week behind a desk, running your tractor for a long weekend is "fun". If you spend 50 hours a week (usually more for "real" farmers) on the tractor in the hot sun, you want to spend the weekend inside (although, you're still out there working). No, I'm not a farmer, just have known some over the years -- some of the hardest working people out there.

/ Tractor addiction - wife abandonment - Guilt #64  
My wife told me to get a tractor in 2001 to take care of our property.

Now she complains that I spend more time and money on my "girlfriend" than I do her. I remind her that Bambi is a high maintenance blond, and that seems to shut her up for a while.