Flapper for Exhaust

/ Flapper for Exhaust #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
I know this has been discussed before on one of the TBN forums, but does anyone have a lead on where to buy a flapper for an exhaust stack?
It would be for a Deere 790.

Thanks in advance, guys!

/ Flapper for Exhaust #2  
The last one I got I picked-up at TSC. Also, I think there is a gut selling them over the net, but I can't remember his site address. Maybe a search under tractor parts/accessories would work.

/ Flapper for Exhaust #3  
TSC, Agri-Supply, SHoup, Valu-Bilt, Sloan Express, Most any equipment dealer.....

On the same topic.... (This is like the over/under thing with toilet paper) Flap opens forward/backward??????

I prefer the "hinge" to the rear. BUT.... A couple of my tractors are turbo-charged. They get trailered from time to time. It's best to have the hinge FORWARD, so the wind pushes the flap down. That prevents air being forced down the exhaust stack, which can spin the turbo impeller (in SOME cases).

There's a dozen theories on why this does happen/can't happen/shouldn't happen/happened to me.

/ Flapper for Exhaust #4  
I did a search and found that tractorpartsinc offers six different size caps.

/ Flapper for Exhaust #5  
I bought the one I had on my B7100 from TSC. Just need to measure the diameter of the tractor's exhaust and TSC had several sizes.

/ Flapper for Exhaust #6  
I found the cheapest priced (and probably nicest built) one at my CO-op.

/ Flapper for Exhaust #7  
I put the hinge 90 degrees to the tractor body. It seems to keep the smoke out of my face the the best that way.

/ Flapper for Exhaust #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On the same topic.... (This is like the over/under thing with toilet paper) Flap opens forward/backward?????? )</font>
ummm, i always liked the hinge to be forwards, but maybe that blows more smoke in your face??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif as for trailering, never have, though people i know ONLY back their tractors on, so i guess the flapper would face the other way.

oh yea... toilet paper goes over /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Flapper for Exhaust #9  
<font color="blue">I put the hinge 90 degrees to the tractor body. It seems to keep the smoke out of my face the the best that way.
</font>

I like the hinge to the front. Working around tree branches, it seems to lessen limbs jerking on it. Of course, in reverse it gets more abuse.

TK

/ Flapper for Exhaust #10  
Measure the size of the pipe,,Nappa auto parts have em.