Mowing Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!!

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!!
Re: Mowing with a \"HEAVY\" tractor!!

This is my temperature gauge right when I finished mowing. This is before I cleaned all the junk off the grille and screen.

Not to shabby if I may say so. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I mowed just about all of it in 9th gear. There were a few spots that did bog the 65 down. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I enjoyed hearing the Perkins diesel go to work!!!

RedDog

Attachments

• 666585-Gauge 605.JPG
    666585-Gauge 605.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 624
   / Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #12  

Thanks for the post. I am now optimistic about mowing with a DK45s thats is suppose be delivered soon. My intentions were the same.........Mow the open and majority 3.5 acres with the DK and finish around the trees and house with our rider. You have proven to me that I'll be in good shape!

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!!

Your welcome.

I really like the new S series. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RedDog

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #14  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am now optimistic about mowing with a DK45s thats is suppose be delivered soon. My intentions were the same.........Mow the open and majority 3.5 acres with the DK and finish around the trees and house with our rider. You have proven to me that I'll be in good shape! )</font>

You will be in good shape mowing with that tractor.
I mow my 6 acre lawn with a DK 35 with loader/minus bucket and loaded R-4 tires (around 5100 lbs total) with no problem at all. Makes a fine lawn mower..

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #15  

Heck.. that 12' is decent. in fact.. I havn't seen a fixed 12' before. only fixed 10' or 12' batwings.

bet it mows real nice.

and free is great.

Soundguy

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #16  

We think alike... here's my rig.

a1802.jpg

Soundguy

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #17  

Must be some hard ground. 7500lbs on 17.5s leave tracks on the occasion I bring it in the yard (without 1500lb cutter). It sure would be nice to use 84" on my 3ac yard. I'm "green'"with envy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #18  

Hey man, cool pics and nice equipment. The DK 65 is next on my list (but sadly, that's still at least a couple of years away). I've to the little brother to your 12' mower - it's a 10' fixed that looks just like that one. We bought it from the now-defunct Kubota dealer for $1200 and it has been a real good mower (the dealer said it was an old Bushhog brand, with there are no plate/stickers/markings/etc), so I really have no idea. It does cut good, though. It's good to know that I won't have any trouble pulling it with a 65.

The biggest fixed bushhog/rotary cutter I've ever seen was an old John Deere mower that a friend used to have. It was 14'-6" cut and all fixed. You had to clear the road when he moved from farm to farm! It broke a gearbox though, and it cost more in parts than for another used bushhog, so now he has a 10' Ford cutter - much easier to transport, but he said it has increased his mowing time (he mows with a tricycle 560 Farmall).

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #19  

More encouragement.............YEE HA!
Glad to hear that, I have the weight of mine, when it gets here, figured at around #5600 configured like yours..no bucket, r-4's and ballast. Thanks

/ Mowing with a "HEAVY" tractor!! #20  

RedDog we think big also. We mow around the house with a push mower then hit the rest with our TC-40D after we shed the FEL. It does a nice job on the yard. The hydro and SuperSteer are really nice when mowing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only time we leave ruts is if we get on the turf in the winter when the snow is slush.