Delivery fee, charge per mile?

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #1  

2nstonge

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4110 w/HST
I have a customer who just moved to my neck of the woods. She'd like me to bring my trailer to NJ and pick-up her tractor and deliver it to her new home. Does anyone have any insight into what a fair per mile delivery fee would be? Or is flat rate more customary? Because of the timing there would also be an overnight - is that expense buried in the delivery fee or should I charge a per diem?

Thanks for any thoughts.

-Norm

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #2  
I REALLY CAN'T HELP YOU BUT IT IS A VERY INTERESTING QUESTION. I think i would figure the miles and add in your overnight, then your time. how far is the trip?

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #3  
Don't know if it helps, but I'm buying from a dealer ~225 miles away. They told me $650-$700 as a ballpark figure.

BTW - I'm going to pick up my tractor, just wanted the quote for my own info.

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #5  
Going rate around here is $1.75 a loaded mile. (and it's on he rise)

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #6  
Look up long distance freight trucking or something similar find a hotshot company and ask them their rate... set yours a bit lower or charge her a bit more and have them handle it.

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile?
She's says 500 miles round trip - about a 4-5 hour drive each way. I could do it all in one day but she tells me timing around the rush hour(s) is critical and said the overnight is well worth eliminating the hassle factor.

-Norm

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #8  
<font color="blue"> </font>
I charge $3.00 - $4.00/loaded mile plus your expenses (hotel, meals) documented with receipts. Will your insurance cover this.

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #9  
You can go to ytmag.com and check out the hauling schedule link on found on the left side of the page. There are always people hauling equipment all over the US or looking for a return load and you can find some prices listed here.

/ Delivery fee, charge per mile? #10  
Might want to check with your insurance company. That tractor on your trailer may not be insured. And some insurance companies will not insure a tractor if it is off it's premises so her's would not cover it either. And your not insured I don't believe for cargo. Just something to think about.

murph