Question

/ Question #1  

realmccoy10751

Tractor
Kubota B7510
I have a bota b7510 and i am pulling alot of trees out of a pile to cut up and burn. My question is should i pull with my 3 point hitch (with box blade attached) or should I take of the box and just pull with the draw bar? The box blade has a hitch welded on the back and works very good. Am I going to tear up my 3 point hitch this way.(the trees are not that big, nothing my 7510 can't handle and I am not pulling them very far, just out of the pile) Thanks in advance for the advise.

/ Question #2  
If you are going to have problems, I will be right behind you. I pull with my box blade often. I THINK if you pull with a steady easy pull you will be ok. I do not know, but that is my belief.

/ Question #3  
I don't think it would be as hard on your tractor as if you hooked the BB on something and came to a sudden halt.
Just be aware that if the hitch is higher than the drawbar, it will change the center of gravity you are pulling with and theoretically, you might end up with the front wheels off the ground if the trees got hung up on something or the load was heavier than you thought.

/ Question #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a bota b7510 and i am pulling alot of trees out of a pile to cut up and burn. My question is should i pull with my 3 point hitch (with box blade attached) or should I take of the box and just pull with the draw bar? The box blade has a hitch welded on the back and works very good. Am I going to tear up my 3 point hitch this way.(the trees are not that big, nothing my 7510 can't handle and I am not pulling them very far, just out of the pile) Thanks in advance for the advise. )</font>
=======
Why not just burn them in the pile where they are?

/ Question #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why not just burn them in the pile where they are? )</font>

What fun is that? I say drag them around a few times until they are exactly where they need to be. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Question #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Why not just burn them in the pile where they are? )</font>

What fun is that? I say drag them around a few times until they are exactly where they need to be. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>
========
Ya got a point: burning them where they are would reduce Seat Time.

/ Question #7  
Ya gotta drag them over top of the multiflora rose before you burn them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dragging from the drawbar is why they put the drawbar there. It is attached to your frame and is heavy steel. Skidding off the 3pt works but you are putting stress on it and your center of gravity is higher so you have a better chance of doing a wheelie.

If you take your time, pulling off the 3 pt should be ok.

I have always been against it but I think my first (real) welding project will be a 3 pt frame with chain grabs like some of you have made. I just wont try to take as much at one shot. It would be nice to lift the front end of the log a bit.

/ Question #8  
Draging from the drawbar is the PROPER WAY but i know a of guys pull with BB myself include at times /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Question
The reason I don't burn as it lies is first the pile would burn for weeks, two the pile is backed up to about 2 acres of thick trees and brush (wouldn't want to catch it all on fire) this way I can burn what I want and save what I want, I just don't want to hurt the 3 point hitch. I can also lower the bb some to get the same height as the drawbar. The tractor also seems to pull better with that wieght on the back.

/ Question #10  
When we logged our property last fall, I used the loader with hooks to drag any of the logs that were not being hauled away by the skidder.