Tires Tires?

/ Tires? #1  

bayoublue

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC 35 D
If R1 tires are agricultural...& R3 tires are turf...& R4 tires are industrial...what are R2 tires? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Tires? #3  
Not really clear what the R2 tires are. I'd assume they're extra deep tread turfs, not clear though.

Interesting. Didn't know they made R2 type.

There's also the HDAP. These are the ATV type that are available on some tractor models.

Ralph

/ Tires?
Bird, Thanks for the Tire education....did'nt realize there are so many tires...also found out thru that site that 'New Holland' is a subsidary of 'Fiat'.

/ Tires? #5  
Nope, Ralph, not extra deep turf tires, but extra deep ag tires; think rice paddies. Maybe this site with some pictures would be better. Or, of course, you can go to google.com and enter "R2 tractor tire" and find lots of information.

/ Tires? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( what are R2 tires? )</font>

If you have ever seen a Timber Skidder then you have seen an R-2 type tread. It is basically a very deep R-1 that is designed for mud slinging and cut resistance. Because it is not a popular application you do not see R-2's made in mainstream sizes...

/ Tires? #7  
I think the R2 are similar to the deep tread ag tires you see on gray market tractors (which as stated above- were at one time used in rice paddies).

/ Tires? #8  
Bird,

I think I have rice tires now on my grey market Yannie. I had heard the term before but assumed that it was just another name for AG tires. My tires do scar the gouund when it is really we too. I did not realize it before.

It seems I learn something new every time I visit this site.

Thanks bird.

/ Tires? #9  
I should have attached a picture.. Let me try. What do you think? R1 or R2?

Attachments

• 683313-TR1700.JPG
    683313-TR1700.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 213
   / Tires? #10  
Bob, I never claimed to be a tractor tire expert. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif From the picture, it appears to me that you have R2 tires, but I can't say for sure.