Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Bronze Member
    workmaster 45

Default Re: Bush Hogging Rates

i would like to know a little more of how much horsepower it takes to cover an acre efficiently. i have a 6 ft bush hog but want to get a 7 ft or larger to pull with a 45 horse new Holland. where does the limit fall? will a 45 hp turn an 8 ft mower [bush hog]?

and is there a difference in hp required for a finish mower versus a bush hog.

even if i could pull a 10 ft would the tractor required just be too expensive to operate most of the time. ray

Industry, Pa- - 5 mi. north of Ohio River
    Kioti DS4510, Ford '48 8N, Ford '53 Jubilee, Power King 1614

To TBN.
    I would first check the owners manual for your tractor. They usually have a listing of the maximum size attachments to use with your tractor.

Kioti 2012 DS4510 with FEL
    Ford 1948 8N
    Ford 1953 Jubilee
    Power King 1614
    Various 3 pt. equipment
    Sold: Ford 1946 2N, Kioti 2011 DS3510

central Vermont
    John Deere 5045E

Quote Originally Posted by 5045 View Post
    Bush hogging rates here in our area vary a lot. It depends on the site and how dense the under growth is. The rate is usually 35.00 to 50.00 an hour.
    Welcome to TBN. I like your choice in tractors.
    I just got asked to keep a neighbors three acres of old pasture clipped this summer. The property abuts mine and I already plow her drive for her. I'm thinking $35/ hour should be fair.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345