Chains More chains

/ More chains #1  

johnday

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC 35 had, now a TC35DA LS25 lawnmower
I know this has been discussed to great length, so I'll just ask if anyone knows of an online co. that sells weld on grab hooks? I've allready checked out AW Direct, they didn't have what I'm looking for. I plan to use them with Gr70 transport chain for moving my tractor and other "stuff". I've already welded D-rings on my trailer, but thought some grab hooks would be nice too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ More chains #2  
What size or type of hooks are you looking for? After Dargo alomost lost his tractor, I switched from strap to grade 70 chain and I welded 8 of the AW Direct grab hooks on my trailer at various points. Other than different sizes to accomodate differnt chains, there are not a lot of different choices in weld on grab hooks that I am aware of.

/ More chains
Hi Bob; Attached is a photo of the style I'm looking at. I have access to these, but, well, er, their made in India. I really want US made due to the better metalurgical controls. Theese hooks don't even have ratings on the package or the hook itself. I might use them on the loader, but not to tie down my TC and a couple impliments.

I'm with you, Dargo's little trip scared the $*^@ out of me too. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 704065-Pic380 (Small).JPG
    704065-Pic380 (Small).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 483
   / More chains #4  
AW Direct has the hooks you are looking for and they ARE made in USA. They are on page 208 in my catalog.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ More chains
Ken; I only checked them online. I'll go back and look again, and order their catalog too. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ More chains
Ken; Sure glad they weren't snakes. Dumb old me, I missed them. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The only thing is they're Gr40. I think I'd like some Gr70's if there is such a thing. Do you know what the working load is, or where I could find it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ More chains
Guys; I think I better go back on my medication. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif AW Direct does have the hooks, in Gr70, and WLL is 6600#. Man, I'm glad I'm at home /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ More chains #8  
Take a deep breath, two asprin and call me in the morning.

/ More chains
How about a couple beers and a cigar? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ More chains #10  
Ah, I joined in late here. Yup, 6600 in 70. I must have purchased too much stuff from AW Direct. They sent my dog a chew toy tow truck. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Er..., at least I think it was supposed to be for my dog. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif