ford 851-D

/ ford 851-D #1  

tpl77

I'm considering running a log splitter off the aux. hydraulics, but I don't know anything about this type of hydraulics. All I see is the knob under the seat and a pipe cap on a line... is this a feed or return? Does anyone know where I can find information on this or better yet, is this a good idea? I fear if I do get it working that the splitter will be slower than slow.

Thanks in advance.

/ ford 851-D #2  
I really can't help with your question, but would suggest you make the same post over on Yesterday's Tractors. It is a site dedicated to old tractors and there is a wealth of informative guys there......just like here! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve

/ ford 851-D #3  
I can't help you, my dad sure could if he was available I could ask him. Anyway he is traveling but you could also post this question here on TBN under Vintage Tractors. Another guy here on TBN you could ask is "soundguy" he knows the Fords pretty good.

When he came into this world I have a pretty good feeling he was close to a Ford and stayed close all his life!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

murph

/ ford 851-D #4  
They do make a remote spool for your hyd top cover. it will look similar to these spools. These are on an 800 that a fellow over on ytmag has. The spools on my 660 are virtually identical..

By the way.. my tractor hyds run my front end loader 'fine'.. I imagine your log splitter will run fine as well.

v2601.jpg

Some 851 parts from YTMAG

Here's a link to the ytmag parts site.. i did a quick lookup.. they do have a spool set listed.. I'd call them if I were you and ask if that is the adapter plat an all that is needed to bolt on to your lift cover... etc.

Hope this helps..

Soundguy