Anyone got a compact dozer?????

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #11  
Yep,
sounds like a money pit. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
No really for the faint of heart, but, they DO get a bunch done between times of repair.

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #12  
Indydirtfarmer, WOW, I'm envious. How old is your 350? That dozer is just getting broken in. My 310 is the 1st year that a diesel engine was available. Did you get a really good price, or have to pay market price? Around here that machine would bring 15-20k, depending on age etc. Nothing like a dozer. Have fun working with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Brian

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #13  
slowzuki, I agree if I had to pay for the labor to work on the older tractors that I have, I wouldn't have them because I could not afford it. But most of the parts are still available, you just have to look. I did get all but 2 decals from Case to put on after I get my 310 re-painted. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #14  
hobbyfarm, yes I guess it is a money pit. But at least it has not been to big of one. A total investment of less than $750 per year of ownership for the use of a dozer whenever I needed it. Doesn't sound all that bad to me. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifMy 310 has only let me down once, when the right final broke. Everything else I consider maintaince.after all, it is over 40 year's old. I guess each to his own.
Brian

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Indydirtfarmer, WOW, I'm envious. How old is your 350? That dozer is just getting broken in. My 310 is the 1st year that a diesel engine was available. Did you get a really good price, or have to pay market price? Around here that machine would bring 15-20k, depending on age etc. Nothing like a dozer. Have fun working with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Brian )</font>

Not sure of the model year just yet. Checking serial numbers to find out. Old guy bought it to build a lake on his farm, and to clean out a fence row. It's spent a rather sheltered life.

I'm trading some work for the dozer. No cash to trade hands..... (And suprisingly very litle work involved!!!)

In the past few weeks, I've ran on to some real sweet deals. I kinda fall through the outhouse floor, and come out smelling like a rose every time. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Maybe it's time to go to Vegas.......

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #16  
Wow, you do find the sweet deals..... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm not much into gaming, but if I had your luck, I think I'd be booking that Vegas flight! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #17  
we've got a '56 JD 420 crawler, wtih a 6 way blade. it was my grandfathers toy, so he spent too much buyin' it, and alot more fixing it up, but with a little maintance, my kids will be runing it someday. it's a small machine, but it can still do a pile of work. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Anyone got a compact dozer?????
Many years ago, I stopped at a remote Mom & Pop restaurant in North Dakota. As you walked through the entryway, you looked into the attached garage--there was sitting a JD 420C. This was 30 yrs ago and I tried to buy it on the spot from the owner. NOPE, he used it for moving snow off his dirt parking lot--that's all it EVER was used for.

Someday, someone got a great machine!

Ron

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #19  
I had a sad day on Friday. I loaded up the sold bulldozer. I sold it for 1000$ less than what I paid for it a year and a half ago. I cleared no less than 3 acres (2500$ per acre around here), blew in more than 2 miles of 10-15' wide cat roads (probably some value), and had a heck of a good time doing it. I probably spent another 500$ on repairs that were all easily done myself.

This 10,000 lb dozer did plenty of work in the clay soils while only consuming about a gallon of diesel per hour. Anybody who pays a dozer mechanic to come out and change the oil really shouldn't be buying one, or it should be a business investment.

It was a sad day, but now I get to pick up a tractor to keep the jungle from growing back. Oh, I had better update my profile.

/ Anyone got a compact dozer????? #20  
Highbeam - "I cab feel your pain" - or was that Bill that always said that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif On a serious note (don't mean to pry), why did you have to get rid of it? I've got an AC - H3 crawler (1962 model). My brother-in-law purchased it new, so it has always been in the family. Can't remember how many times my wife wanted me to sell it - never will. Having a small crawler adds another fun dimension to this entire tractor thing.
Brother-in-law was an excellent equipment operator, mechanic, welder, etc, so I've named my tractor after him (Roy.) AC-WD I recently sold was also purchased new by an uncle - named that tractor after him also (Toivo). Wonder if my grand-kids will name the Kubota after me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif