Ballast Filling tyres revisited

/ Filling tyres revisited #21  
Mith-

As far as tea goes, hey I know that the milk goes in the cup before the tea, and it DOES make a difference. I have to admit though that I am an avid coffee drinker, not those $4.00 foo-foo coffee drinks but the good old red hot and black strong coffee.

Back to the filled tires. Here it is, the dog days of summer, much of my lawn struggling to stay alive despite my efforts, and my 7610 can still tear up the grass. No filled tires, no ag tires (R4s), 4wd not used on the grass unless absolutely necessary. I guess it is because after the first few inches, my soil is solid clay- solid moist clay. It will find its way to the top given any chance. I could therefore never fill my tires and expect not to completely damage my lawn. I guess that is one less thing I need to think about.

Cheers,

Bonehead

/ Filling tyres revisited
Well I sucessfully filled my rear tyres with just plain old water. The difference was, well, unnoticable. Oh well atleast it makes a cool sloshing sound after you stop and the brake works even less (it doesnt work anyway, stopping is by hitting an immovable object) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bonehead, you sure know how to make a proper cuppa, milk then tea. I find drinking black coffee that my eyes twitch for hours afterwards /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I think were on slightly different scales here, youve got a big meaty tractor ive got a garden tractor that want to be a big tractor. I can drive my tractor over mud that I sink into knee deep its so floaty. I dont see any dmamge to the lawn unless its very wet.

/ Filling tyres revisited #23  
BBC America (satellite channel) had Alan on a show called Groundforce for a while but he apparently left the show to the big bricklayer (Tommy?) and the lady without a bra, forgot her name, don't watch it much anymore. Was amazed how tiny your yards (gardens) are. It's no exaggeration that we've got rooms bigger than some of your yards (gardens).

I can turn around my 5ton dump truck w 20ft tilt trailer in my back yard without hitting the 24ft by 40ft garage or the 24ft boat on its trailer. My wife watched the BBC TV show where they transform someones backyard into a thing of beauty in two days and wanted to know why I couldn't do the same in two days. I had to explain to her the differences in area.

Yea, he quit that show for some reason, think hes gettin out of TV.
The yards you see in the film are probably housing estate gardens, yea, not too big are they, not even room to sling a cat, would hate it like that.
Generally you guys have bigger yards, think there was a guy on here with like 700 acres, now thats a serious farm round here. In the area I live that would be worth millions. For example a small bungalow with 1 acres across the round selling for £570,000. Talk about rediculous, thats about $1 million for an acre with a small house! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Dint know you could get BBC.

/ Filling tyres revisited #25  
Some clairification needed here. Mith, I don't know if you have ever been to the states and am sorry if I am stating the obvious but lot sizes (and prices) vary significantly not only from state to state, but from county to county and even block to block. Back in San Diego, a 1/2 acre lot is considered estate size in most neighborhoods and will cost you upwards of a million $$. Here in the northwest sticks, 1/2 acre is common and in most neighborhoods affordable. I'm sure the situation in your neighborhoods is similar.

By the by, my mom not only watches BBC regularly (via pbs) but is an expert on many of the shows.

As far as Ground Force is concerned, it appears to be alive and well Ground force

Bonehead

Bonehead, never been to the states before, cripes, the furtest Ive ever been was greece and I havent been outside the country for 8 years.

Yea, agreeably in cities a large 1/2 acre lot can be worth millions wherever you are. I think the sheer size on America means there is more land to go around hence lower prices.

It still gets me the differences country to country. Im sure that you guys acres are bigger too. Was it Henro who had 2 tractors on 4 acres? I look after a friends 12 acres with one of my little 12HP mowers. Okay, so 10 acres of it is 7 foot high brambles and has never been walked in for 20 years but thats not the point /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It really gets me when people ask for help on a tractor for 2 acres ect. Jeez, thats 2 hours on a 3 foot lawn tractor.

Sounds like your mom and I will have to argue about the shows some time then, then again if shes anything like my mum I dont have a chance /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Groundfarce is still going but without Titters. BTW for you JD guys out there, he has a JD 455 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

On the origional topic (loving the other stuff too /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) it appears the tyre filling wasnt entirely in vain. Tightened up the clutch today and it wheelies away, these are gunna be wicked with the plough on the back up hill /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gotta be gettin a video for the safety section, actually, maybe not /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Well that and theres more grip with the plough, but who cares about that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Gunna have to be sellin this tractor soon, a few little things like the brake is dead, gearbox shot and engine rattly but most of all the paint is starting to fade. Had it for 6 monts now, time for a change. For those of you who (dont) care, got outbid by £1 (£1!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) in the last 16 secs on that ebay tractor, bummer man! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hope youre enjoyin the summer sun