Case Akcela Ultra instead of Super UDT?

/ Case Akcela Ultra instead of Super UDT? #1  

cart99

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
My hydraulic fluid is a bit low (from playing with disconnecting lines I suspect) and I went to the nearest Kubota dealer to get some Super UDT as specified in the manual.

Well they don't carry any Kubota fluids (despite the 15+ orange tractors on the lot) and the guy sold me Case Akcela UDT ultra instead, saying that's what they use on any Kubota service job they do.

Well, I got home with it, and read the back and it's 100% petroleum based, versus the Super UDT being synthetic. I'm very seriously considering taking it back and parking my tractor until I can find genuine Super UDT. My B3030 only has 10 hours on it and I don't want to risk screwing it up. A couple extra bucks for the exactly the right fluid seems a small price to pay versus what I have invested in my new toy.

Opinions?

/ Case Akcela Ultra instead of Super UDT? #2  
I would not use it. Mixing different types of oil is not a good idea to begin with, much less mixing a synthetic and petro.

/ Case Akcela Ultra instead of Super UDT?
Well I just spoke to the other near-by dealer and they only carry regular UDT as (in his words) "the Super UDT is for ARCTIC conditions" So, the Kubota owner's manual for my B3030 is the Siberia edition? What's with these guys???

Guess I'll be buying mail order and eating the shipping.

/ Case Akcela Ultra instead of Super UDT? #4  
Same prob here!!! I finally found a dealer 50 miles in the wrong direction that carries Super ... he says it's about all they use. All other dealers looked at me like I had 2 heads when I refused regular UDT. Unbelivable!