Looking for electric selector valve kit

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #1  

OleBlue

I have a manual selector (diverter) valve on my FEL now, for the ATI bucket grapple I just put on. ( /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ), now looking for an economical electric version. Any suggestions? I found this:

http://wrlonginc.com/valve_kits.htm

Any other recommendations?
Thanks

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #2  
From experience....

Get the WRLong kit. After a long search, that is the kit I went with. It works great for the grapple application. You can move the bucket and grapple at the same time. I mounted switch face up as that is the most natural postion while using the FEL.

High quality, well laid out, good directions, works exactly as expected. A little expensive but well worth it.

Can you tell I like the kit? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #3  
I added a diverter from the Surplus Center last year. Here is a POST to the thread I started on it.

There are a few other who used this same valve with great success, PineRidge is one, and another with a Kubota, but can't remember his name?

Do a search for "electric diverter" and you will turn up lots of posts. Be sure to change the date range to "All Posts", as it defaults to 1 week.

Good luck!

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #4  
second the thought: I have the long kit and it works perfectly

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #5  
I have the Long kit you describe and am delighted with it ...I just noticed your address ...if you wanted to take a ride up to Harpers Ferry and see it, PM me.

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #6  
Joel,

I'm about to run hydraulics from the rear remote valve to feed the grapple on my 4330. You couldn't post too many pictures of your setup, as far as I'm concerned.

John

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #7  
John
Here is a picture of the W R Long diverter swithch mounted on my joystick. W R Long sells it as a kit for (in my case, a CK30 Kioti) many different tractor makes and models. The kit mounts easily and all hoses and plumbing is included. With this kit you would not use your rear remotes but would divert one of the loader lines to the grapple temporarly. It is very easy to use. W R Long is very high quality and I am very happy with it. It makes the use of the grapple very simple.

Al

Attachments

• 728157-Pict 4.jpg
    728157-Pict 4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 319
   / Looking for electric selector valve kit #8  
This picture is of the valve itself. In the case of the CK30 it is mounted on the loader arm. Many are mounted on the loader tower but I think it is a case of having the room to place it.

Attachments

• 728160-pict 2.JPG
    728160-pict 2.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 291
   / Looking for electric selector valve kit #9  
Thanks Al,
That valve picture looks straight forward. I like the way Kiota runs the lines inside the arm. In the first picture, is the tall handle for the diverter valve and the short handle is the loader joystick?

John

/ Looking for electric selector valve kit #10  
John
The short handle (Orange) is the 3PT lift handle. The two yellow handles are the rear remotes. The tall handle is the loader joystick. I removed the factory knob from the joystick and replaced it with the W R Long diverter handle. The diverter handle has a button on the side. Pressing the button switches the lines that are active from the loader boom to the front lines, in my case I use them to power the grapple. Releasing the button goes back to the default power for the boom. Very easy to use and it's all in your right hand.
Keep us posted as you go with this project. We love to read about other peoples tractor adventures. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Al