Another lesson learned.

/ Another lesson learned. #1  

penokee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO-20 (sold to son-in-law), AC - H3 Crawler, L3130HST, (AC-WD w/Attachments - SOLD), 1984 Honda Big Red, Honda Foreman 4x4 w/plow
That's the only good thing about not knowing much about tractors, implements, etc. you're constantly learning - and mostly from the Good People on TBN.
Lesson: Doing my first 50 hour fluid/filter change this weekend. Motor oil/filter only took me about 5 hours /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Started on the front differential when I realized that the last 20 hours that we've been working in pure sand, was over everything. Stopped. got out the hose and gave Kubby it's first bath - now a clean vehicle/front end to work on. I'll remember that next time.
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Another lesson learned. #2  
5 hours?

Well that's not bad.

My general rule of thumb is to ask someone who "knows" how long it should take, then double that time, and then double it again. That is how long it takes ME to get it done. And that assumes I have the parts!

Heck yesterday I told Junkman I had to move one of the tractors and 3 pallets of stone out of the lovely Mrs_Bob's new Japanese garden, as well as a pull behind trimmer. Hmmm as I look out the window now, I see all 3 pallets and the trimmer are still there! Heck I even had the pallet forks on the tractor when I pulled it out of the yard! The tractor is safely tucked away for the night, and I did manage to replace a pivot pin that fell off the mower deck when a cotter pin broke. And I got it refueled. And played a bit with my Snow Trac. And moved some saws from my main garage to my new workshop. And I pretty much managed to do just about everything EXCEPT what the lovely Mrs_Bob asked me to do! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Another lesson learned. #3  
Never put off till tomorrow, what you can put off till next week!

/ Another lesson learned. #4  
I did the 50 hour service in stages. First changed the oil and filter at 13 hours. Then changed the front diff near 50 hours. Then did the hydraulic fluid and greasing. Wasn't bad except for their leaving out the fact that you have to remove one of the rear wheels to get the 3 pt bar out from in front of the hydraulic filter. Removing the wheel and replacing it wasn't that bad. Found a std floor jack will lift from the platform at the drawbar. My new air wrench quickly removed the bolts. Kept the wheel standing when rolling it away. Not that heavy on a 4010.

Ralph