Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny...

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I found out what caused the problem, both tires had been shot out with a .22 caliber bullet.

Scary thing is this was right behind my house.

I'm considering putting up video cameras now. )</font>

Sorry to hear of the Vandalism. Sounds dangerous.

I have 5 cameras on my property. The cameras caught a person running over my mailbox in living color. We had been having a lot of vandalism in our area and that is why I put the cameras up. I used the infared for night vision and also put in motion detector lights. After that guy got caught on camera... the vandalism stopped. I did press charges and made a believer out of him.

Good Luck and Stay Safe!

Jim

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny...
Basically the tractor was parked within 200 feet of the road, out back/beside the house.

The person that did this simply walked around the outside of my yard up to the tractor, put one bullet in thru the side wall, walked around to the other side of the tractor and shot the other side.

I'm going to look for some shell casings this afternoon... if I find one, there is a good chance I'll get some fingerprints.

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They can also go thru leather gloves.)</font>

<font color="brown">Wonder what it costs to foam up them gloves?</font> /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #24  
Given the fact that these were shot out, it might be reasonable to believe that it could happen again. Foam filling the tires would certainly resolve the problem forever. Its expensive but is a great counterweight for the FEL and can't ever go flat, no matter how many bullets puncture the sidewall.

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( can't ever go flat, no matter how many bullets puncture the sidewall )</font>

Shhhhhhhhhhh, Bob, don't let them idiots know; theyll be there all the time for target practice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #26  
If it was a pellet, as in air gun type, there will be no casings. If 22 powder rifle, then there could be. I would file a report either way, if you have half a police force it will at least put them on watch.

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #27  
If they were shot at close range with an automatic then you might find the casings if he didn't retrieve them but if a revolver was used then he still has them.
It is a **** shame someone would do this.
Do you have someone in mind or have a dispute with recently??

DannyD, I don't know if a pellet gun would be able to penetrate both sides of a tractor tire, I know a cheap one wouldn't and the 1000fpm .177 may not have the kinetic energy but the .22 & .20cal I don't know...I've never tried it soo.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #28  
Jim,
I've been thinking about surveillance cameras myself. How expensive was it? Are they exposed outdoors ie. waterproof and external power supply? BTW, I'm just across the line in Georgia, about 20 miles west of Toccoa. Danny

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jim,
I've been thinking about surveillance cameras myself. How expensive was it? Are they exposed outdoors ie. waterproof and external power supply? BTW, I'm just across the line in Georgia, about 20 miles west of Toccoa. Danny )</font>

Hi Danny,

It wasn't very expensive... under $600 four 4 cameras and you can add more. I added two more for a total of six cameras. I do have another way for surveilance. I went to the Pawn Shop in Toccoa, Ga. and purchased some video cameras and used them as well. I hooked them to a VCR and tape 8 hours at a time. Then I have one that I rigged up with a motion detector that turns the recording on with motion on some specific points. It puts time and date on the tape when it is activated. Helps nail down a intruder if they try with a false aliby. PM me and I will send you my email address and phone number.

I have four that are somewhat exposed to the elements. Under eaves. Very small so they are almost impossible to detect. Heck sometimes I have to look for them myself. I already had a power source in the areas I put them so I just ran their separate power source with a battery power backup which will last 72 hours if the power is interupted.

I am only about 18 miles North East of Toccoa, Ga. on Highway 123.

Jim