New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from

/ New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from #1  

flakrat

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
Howdy,

I have a Case 885 tractor that came with my new farm that I'm gonna put up for sale.

It currently has a 4' bushhog like cutter attached to the 3 ph.

It looks like the 3ph is pretty easy to disconnect, several pins that I pop out, however, I can't seem to figure out the PTO.

I've been told it's easy to disconnect it, so I figured I'd ask here before I started messing around with it.

I noticed that there's a snap ring in the linkage at the PTO end of the shaft. Do I just pop this out? and then the pin falls out?

Thanks, I ment to take a picture but forgot. If we need a picture I'll upload one tonight.

Thanks, Mike

/ New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from #2  
There should be a little round headed pin sticking out on the tractor end PTO shaft coupler. depress that and the coupler should slide off the tractor PTO shaft stub. Sometimes the are sticky and might require a bit of tapping or prying.

Ben

/ New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from #3  
There are several different methods for locking the PTO shaft to the tractor. Push pins, twisting collars, sliding collars, etc.

A picture would be most helpful in determining how this one works.

/ New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from #4  
Rule #1 - Make sure you don't go anywhere near the PTO unless the engine is OFF.

/ New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from
Yup, I've been told that a number of times (and to remove loose clothing before getting near it).

I'll take a look at it and will snap some pictures of it tonight.

/ New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from #6  
Here's a thead with a pic of one of the collar types. You shouldn't have a snapring to remove. It will be simpler than that. pto shaft

/ New tractor user, how do I disconnect the PTO from
Y'all were correct, there was a spring loaded pin, pushed it in (after some WD40) and was able to wiggle the shaft off the PTO spline.

Thanks, Mike