Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp)

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #1  

GordNovo

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of getting a JD 2305 (very excited) with a FEL, rear blower and belly mower and am considering the lease option. (to keep the costs down, and for business write off purposes)

The JD dealer is insisting that I limit the hours in the contract and I'm trying to decide what's a reasonable amount to specify. (Is this annual hours limit normal? Apparently Kubota doesn't put this restriction in their lease contracts, or so the sales person says!)

We have 10 acres, 7 of which is pasture, 2 or so is lawn with ditches included. Here in Canada we have a good 5 months of winter and apparently we get a lot of snow blowing onto the driveway (this will be my first winter on this property). I anticipate having about 450 feet of driveway to clear with blower and bucket, on average about 20 feet wide. We'll have 5 horses and I anticipate using the tractor to cultivate the pasture (and manure) a couple of times per year. Also, I anticipate a little bit of neighborly assistance on those bad winter days when everyone is snowed in (not too often!!). We'll be doing a bit of FEL work such as landscaping in the yard, fence maintenance, etc.

Given this scenario, what is the average annual hours you'd expect to accumulate?

Also, would anyone happen to know JD's "average" hours for their 2210/2305 models? In other words, in 5 years time, how many hours would this machine have on it for it to be deemed in average/above average condition? What would the approx residual value be (*approx*) expressed as a percentage of the original cost (50%.... 60%)??. To put it into context, if I paid 21K today, how much is the tractor likely to be worth in 5 years? (I'll obviously do my darnedest to keep it looking/running/feeling young and won't abuse it).

Oh.. and does anyone know what an average cost per additional hour would be for this tractor? I know what my JD dealer has suggested, but I'd like to get a sense from others.

Thanks!

Gord

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #2  
Gord,

Based on your description, I'm going to "guess" 113.5 hours the first year, 88.7 the second year but will need more details and pictures to figure out subsequent years.

OK, kidding aside, I would say probably 120 the first year then 80 or so each year thereafter.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Oh.. and does anyone know what an average cost per additional hour would be for this tractor?)</font> I'm not the one saying this but from what I've heard, the answer would be none since it seems many accidently get the hour meter wire snagged on a branch and it gets pulled off. It was noticed/fixed the day they were washing it just before returning it.

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #3  
Brian......now would you suggest that he........oh umm never mind /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #4  
I would not even begin to guess on the hours you will put on. I also am not sure of the hr. meter on that tractor, on my Kubota the Gr. meter clicks off 1 HR when running at PTO SPEED any thing less than PTO SPEED and it takes more than an actual HR of run time to show an HR on the meter.

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #5  
Just use the S.W.A.G. factor to come up with your best guesstimate, then double it. You should then be in the ballpark. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the Gr. meter clicks off 1 HR when running at PTO SPEED any thing less than PTO SPEED and it takes more than an actual HR of run time to show an HR on the meter. )</font>

Forgot to mention that. My estimate is based on the type of HR meter that is based on PTO RPM's.

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #7  
there is another thread of 2210 owners giving number of hours used--you could check that and take an average to give yourself a good idea. (some smart person would put the link in here--maybe they will help me out?)
B8fish

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #8  
For whatever it's worth, it was once the accepted norm for a farm tractor to accumulate 400 hours per year. How that applies to homeowner use of a compact is anyones guess.

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #9  
On my TC24 I am putting about 100hours a year on it. Wish it could be more.

/ Approx projected hours on a compact tractor (24hp) #10  
My property and tractor are about the same size as yours 10 acres, 2 of lawn, 420 feet of driveway, long winters 142 inches of snow last year, etc. My average over the last four years on my JD 4200 with BH, FEL, BB, 59' snowblower, is about 200 hours per year.
Bill