How Many Rear Remotes?

/ How Many Rear Remotes?
Robert,
Thanks for the info. I would have thought a round bailer would take more remotes than a square so I am glad you pointed this out. If I go with round it will be small.

Also saw you have a TN65 which is one I am looking at and you can put 4 sets on the TN65 but some of the other brands only show a total of 3 sets, however you could most likely add more.

I flew into Rochester a couple of months ago and drove down to Hornell to see a customer, beautiful country lots of farming. I had to pull off the road several times just to look, the black soil in the plowed fields really looked rich.

/ How Many Rear Remotes?
Steve,
The Kubotas I am loking at show a total of 3 sets you can add to the rear and a flow control. Do you know if you can add a forth?

Also the flow control, is this needed? I imagine this controls the rate of flow to the ports which in turns controls the speed of the hydraulic movement of the implement being used...?

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #13  
My only experience with round balers are the small Case-IH/Hesston ones which only needed one remote to open the gate. Different balers might use more as farmwithjunk said the one he is looking at used three.

The newer TN can take a lot of remotes. In therory it is unlimited as you can just keep stacking them. Might have to do some special rigging to run more then four though.

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But the do you get open valve or closed? )</font>

Just about every CUT, SubCUT, utility tractor and tractor under 100 HP has an open center system where the hydraulic pump is always pumping fluid thru the system regardless of the setting of the valve spools. Thus you need a valve that is open center.

/ How Many Rear Remotes?
Instead of replying to each one individually let me just say thanks to all. The information you are supplying is helping alot. I know I will go with at least a minimum of three sets now.

I was reading more last night about the remotes and found the detents(sp) come as open, closed, or continuous. Continuous, I read was to operate a hay rake, planter, or attachment with motor. Any opinions on this? All continuous...one of each?

Hope I am not asking dumb questions but hydraulic controled implements is what I want to have and I know very little about these. I have tried to talk to some of the salesmen at that dealerships but believe it or not I know more about the tractors they sell than they do, unless I can get with an old timer thats been there for years but they seem to always be tied up with another customer. And of course you can learn alot more here on TBN.

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #16  
Hunterridgefarm, Yes mine does have a cutout for a third control lever, I'm actually not sure if there is a limit to how many remotes you can have beyond 3 except on mine at least you'd have to use aux levers that bolt on which work fine also, I think your limiting factor would be on how many remotes you could use simultaneously which would depend on pump capacity and implement requirements my pump, pumps 17gpm the M4800 up to the M8200 have a 11gpm pump but the 8200 has an option to get the larger pump as well.
As far as a remote flow control there aren't a lot of implements that have need of this I don't think, the situation where it sounds like its needed is when a hydaulic motor is used and needs to be kept at a constant flow rate to do its job correctly but you'd still be stuck with not varying the engine speed as it doesn't auto adjust you have to manually turn a knob just like the knob that controls the speed of your three point raise and lower. Hope this helps
Steve

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #17  
I have 2 on my 5525 and I thought that would be plenty. I think 3 is a good combination. If I had ordered my 5525 I would have gotten 3 mid and 3 rear.

D.

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #18  
Get as many as $$$$ allows!!! I don't think you can ever have enough.

RedDog

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #19  
At least 3. I have two and really need one more. This year.

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #20  
I just added a " fourth and fifth" selective control valve. When I got the 4 way front bucket ( grapple) that is when I got the third. These were added in seperate trips to the dealer. Being new to the CUT market I had assumed a BH/loader configuration was all I was ever going to need- (Yeah Right). The new john deere XX20 series have what is called a diverter- this uses the loader valves/joystick in a different application for the rear remotes- you get two that way. But a switch switches the joystick functions. I have the "older" 4600 tractor. It has the "power beyond" which is what powers the backhoe OR the 4th and 5th valves body. A real rats nest of lines and all I have is four pairs of couplers. Power beyond, third, fourth and fifth. Whatever brand tractor you get get the remotes if you can afford them. If you can do it get the maximum number the factory can fit. If you need a detent valve later then get the new spool at the parts counter and take the hour to do the swap. A lot easier than a entire hydraulic system added later ( twice for me).