How Many Rear Remotes?

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
I am looking to buy a larger tractor hopefully in '06. Will most likely be between 45-65 PTO HP. Currently I am looking at all brands in my area, driving, reading specs, talking to lots of people. The reason there is such a range in PTO HP is I am still deciding what all I want to do verses what I need.

So I don't want to talk tractor brand yet, that will be a later post.

One thing I am not sure of is the number of rear remotes. I have seen everything from 1 to 6 on this size tractors and I know it will be determined by what attachments I will need.

My experience has been,since I was 13 years old, with Ford 8N, 600, 3000 and no rear remotes. I still remember my dad pulling me around behind the 600 on a horse drawn cutter working the hay fields.

Can you enlighten me on the number of rear remotes you have and how many rear remotes you need for certain implements. Example: how many for round baler? I know for a rear blade with adjustment you would need at least 1, how about TnT, bat-wing mower, what about a back hoe... not sure I would need one at this time but want the remotes there incase I do. I will have a FEL but use mid remotes for it.

I have around 50 acers for pasture and/or hay, square or round undecided,(family land). I also have 50 acers 80-90% wooded for my new house so I will be cutting trails, landscaping, plowing, bush hog, adding to the 5 acre bottom for garden, pumpkins, corn, etc. May keep the 3130 may not.

So tell me what you got, how many you use and/or need.

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #2  
I would get as many as possible as you never know what you might plug in back there. But usually 4 is plenty. Small round balers take one set. My NH 575 square baler requires two sets but it could require 4 sets if I add hydraulic tension and pickup. Rear blades can take a couple also. So 4 sets would be a good number but do not take less then two.

/ How Many Rear Remotes?
So 4 sets = 8 remotes/plug-in's /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2 sets = 4 remotes/plug-in's /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #4  
Your terminology is slightly off.

1 remote = 2 work ports or connectors
2 remotes = 4 work ports
4 remotes = 8 work ports

Each remote requires one valve spool which has 2 works ports. Each work port can either be the cylinder inlet or outlet depending on direction of flow.

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #5  
Yes, 4 sets of remotes has 8 ports. One double action cylinder requires one set of remotes.

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #6  
hunterridgefarm, I'm running a Kubota M9000 90hp with FEL, pto driven Hydraulic auger with 4 ports needed one for the up and down and one for the hyd top link cylinder and BTR Grapple rake. It didn't occur to me that if the auger and the grapple were mounted at the same time that I'm 2 ports short, I never considered that I'd have use for the grapple when using the auger but have had many times when I had to switch to pick something up to move it since the grapples shut when not under pressure or bleed down quickly so under my circumstances I wish I had 3 valves 6 ports but only have 4 although I can stop and pull the lines when needing one or the other it'd sure be handier to have a 3rd cylinder, I have to save my pennies for one the whole setup if memory serves is something over $700 per cylinder and all installation complete.
Steve

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #7  
Here is how I setup my L3130.

I had the 3 remote valves that the tractor supports installed. This will operated 3 double action cylinders.

My arrangement is:
Valve 1 has it's ports at the rear as normal; I currently use it for a top link.
Valve 2 has ports at the rear but is teed with lines also going forward to the front of the FEL; This used to rotate the tree shear when it is installed. I also plan to use this valve at the rear for a tilt link when I add one.
Valve 3 has lines going forwar to the front of the FEL; I use this for a grapple or to open/close the tree shear.

I have two Kubota double QD blocks at the FEL supports and 2 blocks at the front of the FEL. I can break the hydraulic lines at the front of the FEL to change the attachments at the QA.

I can also disconnect at the blocks near the FEL controls to remove the FEL from the tractor.

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #8  
Hiya, Just something to think about as an option instead of adding extra spool valves and couplers.

Over here they are called "3rd service valves". You tap in to an existing line from a set of remotes and its an electric diverter valve. it just needs a switch on your existing spool lever and it diverts the oil flow to another function, It means you can use the same spool valve and couplers for more than one function without having to uncouple from one to another.

Much cheaper than adding spool valves and couplers.

cheers
Roscoe

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #9  
I would get at least two.

I regret not getting them when I bought the tractor. Even if you cant use them right away it is easier to add them on the front end rather than later. At least if you use the dealer (Down Time, FInancing, PRice, etc).

I have two remotes, and a third would be useful.

Uses, Hydraulic top link (just about a must for grading), Hyd Box Blade, Hyd REar Blade (two cylinders, so I am short one remote to use it and the top link). Hydraulic dump bed (only uses one port, ie half remote)

If it were me I would get three or Four.

But the do you get open valve or closed? ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ How Many Rear Remotes? #10  
Like you, I grew up around tractors with NO remotes. Dad liked his 3-point equipment along with it's simplicity.

When I started buying my own tractors, I wanted a remote. First couple had 1. Then I got all "fancy" and bought a tractor with 2! I still have it. (Along with a tractor without remotes, and one with a single remote)

In the next year, I plan on buying a new round baler. The one I'm favoring needs 3 remotes. I'm also in the market for a tractor, something in the 80 to 90 HP range. It WILL HAVE (minimum) of 3, and hopefully 4 remotes. In my years, I've watched the need for remote hydraulics go from occasionally one to 3, 4 and even more. I'd venture to say the future holds the need for even more as implements become more modern.

SO.... I'd look for 3 at the very least, and go for 4 if it was available/affordable.