Sure glad I got 4WD!

/ Sure glad I got 4WD! #1  

Yalerider

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3510i w/FEL
As some of you know it rains occasionly here in the Pacific Northwest. I am so happy I got 4WD. I have clay soil and wouldn't be able to turn very well without it. My only issue now is to figure out how to get the muck off of my tires when I go down the highway to the other side of my property.

/ Sure glad I got 4WD! #2  
High gear! (Warning: Eye protection a must) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Sure glad I got 4WD! #3  
Before trailering the tractor after filling the treads with our nice clay I have tried a few things like running quickly down a gravel road which just puts a layer of grit on the clay, or running around on grass which just wets the outside of the clay, or my best so far is a good bit of work in a soil other than clay if you can find it. That seems to work the best but the clay immediately finds the tread again when you let your guard down for a minute.

The clay should mostly stay put while on the highway if you run about the same speed that you were while off-road.

/ Sure glad I got 4WD! #4  
A 1/4 mile run in high gear works for me on the gravel road. Or a trip up/down my drive, about 600' each way. I don't get to happy with the speed either or stuff will REALLY fly.

/ Sure glad I got 4WD!
I agree that running up and down my gravel road gets rid of most of it. The problem is the other side of my property is muddy no gravel road to run up and down on before going onto the pavement. Haven't got any complaints yet about mud on the road, but you know how some people are.
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Sure glad I got 4WD! #6  
I know that some of the 4x4 mud boggers use pam srayed on the tires (before hand). I have not tried it myself but I hear it works well.
Dave /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Sure glad I got 4WD! #8  
<font color="blue"> Or a trip up/down my drive, about 600' each way. </font>

Then you get to pick up all the dirt and mud off the drive way or clean it up out off the grass if you run it through the yard.

/ Sure glad I got 4WD! #9  
Yalerider,

I have both!! (the tele and the 2WD) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Sure glad I got 4WD!
Well nuthin wrong with either. I grew up on the old Ford and Massey's on my friends farm. And the telephone only came in black. You did have a choice of wall or desk mount tho. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif