So how long did it take after you got your tractor

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #1  

BobReeves

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
before you ran into something?

Took me 3 weeks.... Yesterday I turned too close to my shop building and punched a loader size hole completely through the wall. It's an old pole barn converted to a shop so wasn't hard to patch up. Replaced the outside tin, patched together the broken 2x4 with another 2x4 and put OSB over the broken sheet rock on the inside. Sure glad it wasn't the house.

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #2  
I have two holes in my shed where that nasty FEL jumped to the left and attacked the shed. I've not patched them yet, but have the stuff.

I made my FEL go sit in the corner for a few weeks after it acted so badly!

Ron

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #3  
I ran into a stump 3 months after purchase. Cost me a new hydraulic filter, 10 gallons of fluid and 3 days of down time because I didn't have the right wrench (27mm) for a leak repair; about $75! I rub trees all the time... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #4  
I was using my rear blade close to a fiberglass covered lean-to and my right rear tire hit a tree root and lifted the right side of my tractor causing my 3 point blade to shift to the left leaving a nice long area of broken fiberglass siding before I could get the tractor stopped. Stupid me I did the same thing on the reverse trip with the left tire hitting the root and the right side of the blade did some more damage.
Think I may have learned something from the experience.
Farwell

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #5  
took me 3 days before I ran over my boombox radio (I'm addicted to talk radio) Now have a hearing protection/radio
headphones. works great

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #6  
With a big tractor you don't run into thing; you run over them.

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #7  
Took me about an hour. Got the tractor delivered and started mowing right away and was mowing along the fence line and I looked back to see how the mower was looking and I took out about 5 feet of fencing. Oh well.

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #8  
About 4 months before I did any real damage; I was putting in a new trail and dropped the bucket to level the dirt bank on the side of the road. I forgot my chainsaw was in it until it appeared between the front tires. It only cost me about $55 to get it welded.

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #9  
About a week. Was cutting close to the 16' twin axle trailer I bought with the tractor to haul. Thought I had plenty of room to turn around and watching the back end when I felt a thud. Looked up and there was my new trailer spinning around. The tip of the FEL caught the left front corner and pushed it. The bad part - the jack dug into the ground and eventually bent, both the shaft and within the frame.

/ So how long did it take after you got your tractor #10  
I ran into the wood shed,trying to squeeze by it[forgot about the backhoe feet]the first day i had it.Also cut off the wifes lilliac bush she planted the previous spring.It was under the snow and i was pushing back snow,wasnt she hot at me!
ALAN