Grading How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade

/ How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I got my Frontier rear blade this morning. Was looking through the owner's manual and couldn't find a diagram that shows how to pitch the blade at the 15 or 30 degree angles they say it's capable of. Sent a note to the saleman.

Anyone have a diagram or can easily explain it?

Oh, also: has anyone put a cow mat on in place of the replacable blade on the Frontier? Figure to use it for snow plowing (backwards) and would like to put a squeegee-like gizmo on there to keep from gouging my new driveway. Read where folks have used cow mats from TSC.

Spent more time connecting the MacKissic shredder/chipper and checking the PTO drive length, etc. after connecting and dumping the blade.

Alas, I was starting to get some bronchitis or flu-like symptoms after the delivery. So, I crashed this afternoon and didn't use my toys. Had stolen 2 truckloads of leaves from town to shred up, too, and had some other stuff already piled up.

Ralph

/ How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade #2  
In which plane do you want to pitch? The right to left pitch is with the adjustable lift arm connecting link to the rocker arm, I believe. The rotation is at the center pin, and the edge of the blade is adjusted with the top link. I think that takes care of all the 'degrees of freedom' that you have other than the height of the blade.

/ How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade #3  
I used a horse stall mat from TSC, and a bailer belt for a snow guide on the top of my LandPride blade. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

/ How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Oh, also: has anyone put a cow mat on in place of the replacable blade on the Frontier? Figure to use it for snow plowing (backwards) and would like to put a squeegee-like gizmo on there to keep from gouging my new driveway. Read where folks have used cow mats from TSC.
)</font> <font color="brown"> </font>

A piece of pipe, attached to the Bottom edge, also works.

/ How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade
Hadn't thought about the 3 pt leveling adjustment. They should say this in the owner's manual.

Found an old thread where they talked about a horse mat (4x6x3/4" @ TSC & ~ $40). Most sandwiched it between the replaceable edge and the blade, with overlap to form the rubber edge at the bottom.

Was thinking about a piece of radiator hose for the edge of my FEL. Could do the same for the Frontier. Not sure how many sweeps it'll last.

Ralph