Tractor
    JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R

Default How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade

I got my Frontier rear blade this morning. Was looking through the owner's manual and couldn't find a diagram that shows how to pitch the blade at the 15 or 30 degree angles they say it's capable of. Sent a note to the saleman.

Anyone have a diagram or can easily explain it?

Oh, also: has anyone put a cow mat on in place of the replacable blade on the Frontier? Figure to use it for snow plowing (backwards) and would like to put a squeegee-like gizmo on there to keep from gouging my new driveway. Read where folks have used cow mats from TSC.

Spent more time connecting the MacKissic shredder/chipper and checking the PTO drive length, etc. after connecting and dumping the blade.

Alas, I was starting to get some bronchitis or flu-like symptoms after the delivery. So, I crashed this afternoon and didn't use my toys. Had stolen 2 truckloads of leaves from town to shred up, too, and had some other stuff already piled up.

Ralph

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_X485, JD_425, JD_455, JD_110

Default Re: How to pitch or tilt my Frontier blade

In which plane do you want to pitch? The right to left pitch is with the adjustable lift arm connecting link to the rocker arm, I believe. The rotation is at the center pin, and the edge of the blade is adjusted with the top link. I think that takes care of all the 'degrees of freedom' that you have other than the height of the blade.

I used a horse stall mat from TSC, and a bailer belt for a snow guide on the top of my LandPride blade. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

Tractor
    Mahindra 6500 4WD

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Oh, also: has anyone put a cow mat on in place of the replacable blade on the Frontier? Figure to use it for snow plowing (backwards) and would like to put a squeegee-like gizmo on there to keep from gouging my new driveway. Read where folks have used cow mats from TSC.
    )</font> <font color="brown"> </font>

A piece of pipe, attached to the Bottom edge, also works.

Tractor
    JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R

Hadn't thought about the 3 pt leveling adjustment. They should say this in the owner's manual.

Found an old thread where they talked about a horse mat (4x6x3/4" @ TSC &amp; ~ $40). Most sandwiched it between the replaceable edge and the blade, with overlap to form the rubber edge at the bottom.

Was thinking about a piece of radiator hose for the edge of my FEL. Could do the same for the Frontier. Not sure how many sweeps it'll last.

Ralph