Going rate for leaf collection?

/ Going rate for leaf collection? #11  
This may work for your riding mower. I saw it on eBay.
untitled-1.jpg

/ Going rate for leaf collection? #12  
Dual wheels and FWA will get rid of some of the pucker power.
David from jax

/ Going rate for leaf collection? #13  
DennisArrow said:
I found this old thread, perhaps there is a more recent; but some help would be appreciated ............

The problem: We have several acres of pasture that are on a 18 to 25 degree slope. Have worked several years, fighting the drought, to get fescue/bermuda to get established in order to graze our registered Boer herd. The problem is that this area has several stands of trees that shed leaves (oak, hickory, gum,poplar) and is totally surrounded by the same heavy old growth forest. This time of year, after reseeding fescue, the leaves of course fall and need removal to expose the grass over the winter to encourage growth and establishment.............

I have at my disposal:

Iseki TL2300 with bush hog
Lawn tractor with mowing deck
Heavy duty back pack blower
Kubota RTV

The tractor, frankly is just toooo spooky to take the slopes on. The last time it skidded half way down the hill and was stopped at the last moment by lowering the bucket I swore I would never take it into this pasture again.

The lawn tractor will do the job but is fairly "tippy" across the slopes, inadequate braking going down the hill, and going up the ag tires tear up the fragile soil that I am working so hard to build up.

The blower works just fine; but is super labor intensive. Maybe 20 or so hours to clear the acreage. Disposal is not a problem as I just blow them into the surrounding forested areas. Yes, they become mountains as you move them and then place them where you want them.

The RTV is great for going across the slopes as I apply fert/herb, and of course up and down the hills is not a problem either. Traction is great so soil damage is minimal. NO Accesories to mulch or blow with.

Money is tight here so using what I have would be nice, or a low cost something to use behind the RTV is a stong possibility.

An ideas or comments would be great. Thanks.........God Bless.....Dennis

I use my leaf blower to windrow the leaves. You get to a point where the leaves stop moving quickly, so stop there. Then I take my FEL and put it in float. I level the leading edge of the bucket flat to the ground, then tip it up an inch. Then I run down the windrow and push it into the woods or to the end of the yard. Then I hop off and windrow some more with the blower. It works great.

Can you windrow the leave so the line goes up and down the hill, then push them up or down the hill? Much safer than going across.

/ Going rate for leaf collection? #14  
Moss...............thanks for the thoughts...........the only problem with using the tractor, even up and down the hill, is tearing up the soil and the fescue seedlings.........
Kind of a moot point now for this year anyway as over the past few days have cleared it with the leaf blower.............just takes time..........

Thanks, my friends. for the advice and thoughts.............God Bless.....Dennis