Resistance is wearing thin.

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
The new place we just bought has what will be a nice hayfield. For now it's scrub grass and weeds. I'm going to plan it in corn next spring, then plant alfalfa next fall. It's just a little 20 (+ or -) field. Sounds like a plan.

It's been an extremely dry year here. NORMALLY, by this time of year, we'd be knee deep in mud. It's still dusty dry. I LOVE plowing.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

I might just go home tonight, hook up the 3-bottom plow, and go bust some sod. I can't think of too many things I'd rather be doing on a brisk autumn afternoon.

(Just thought I'd tease everyone before I got started)

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #2  
Farmwithjunk,

Please send pic.'s. We had about 3 days of "brisk autumn afternoon"(s). Am envious /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Spent yesterday afternoon getting in a final lawn cut and then dropping and cutting up all the trees that came down last week from the 10" + of wet, heavy, snow. Still waiting for "Indian Summer". Raining now, with a few wet snowflakes mixed in /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tom

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #3  
We've had an extremely dry year here in S.C. as well. In fact, we've had a dry and warm fall so far. Yesterday it was so warm I was wet from sweat most of the day as I worked outside. Mid 70's forcast for the rest of the week, and still no rain on the horizon.

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #4  
fwj,
Also got caught in the snow last week while visiting friends in Sharon. Living in VA, we are spoiled with less and later snow. Hope you fared ok.
David

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #5  
TRlong,
My last post was for you.... Had just read fwj's message...CRS setting in.
David

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #6  
Hey, let me load mine up and then you can make that a 4 bottom every round. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Only thing I may have a problem staying out of your way.

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #7  
I guess we got all your rain up here in Maine this year as my fields are very very wet,I usually go around the edge of the fields this time of year after the leaves have fallen and bush hog to keep all the trash out but can't do it now.If the ground freezes up before the snow comes I will do it than,if not will wait for spring.
ENJOY

/ Resistance is wearing thin. #8  
I just spent three days using my three bottom kick back plow. We had rain last week in Northern Virginia, and the ground was just soft enough. Sunny days and about 68 degrees made it a perfect day for doing anything on a tractor.

Then reality set in and I had to go to work. Won't be home for six days, but I know where I'm going when I get back. Weather permitting /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif