Mowing JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #1  

NH_Dan

Tractor
JD 3520 FEL & imatch
Has anyone tackled making the bush hog finish mower (RDTH model) fit with a Deere iMatch system? How difficult is it to find iMatch compatible implements? any experiences or thoughts appreciated. Thanks much for your input. Dan from NH

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #2  
Dan, the JD I-Match Cat II hitch has a 32-3/4 inch inside spacing between the arms and the top hook is 15 inches above the lower hooks. You can measure your Bush Hog cutter to see if it's compatible. You will also need some bushings for the pins on the cutter. The Cat I hitch is 27-1/8 inches between the hooks. The top link is adjustable.

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #3  
If your attachments are made to standard specs, then the iMatch will 'match'.
DK has given good number for the width of Cat I, but I don't know that the iMatch has an adjustable top hook. Mine does not.

Do some iMatch searching for a lot of threads that you will find interesting and informative, if I understand your question and interest.

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower
Thanks bennthere. The two bottom hooks line up perfectly but the top one does not. The top connection on the mower has a "floating" connection that is not long enough to connect with the top hook on the imatch. The JD dealer threw in the imatch on the tractor but failed to mention that implements need to be imatch compatible for use. Thanks for the tips. dan

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #5  
My dealer told me the "new" JD Cat-I I-match has the adjustable top hook. He says he doesn't think JD actually manufactures it anymore. Probably a Speeco or Land Pride. In fact, he said they are painted black, not green. He still has 2 "old" Cat-I hitches in stock and the top hooks are not adjustable. I figured Dan would probably be buying new so that's the specs I gave him.

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #6  
Dan, I have a Befco RFM that I modified to be I-match compatible. As for the top link connection, since it has to float so the mower can go up and down with the ground contour, I used a short length of chain to make up the difference. The chain is adjusted to be almost taught when the mower is on flat level ground. This has worked fine for the last 3 years.

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #7  
You will learn a lot about the iMatch and the attachments, but when you get it worked out, you will be very glad you have the iMatch, especially if you have a ballast box to hook to when needed.
Many, many threads on this forum about rotary cutters (including Bush Hog brand) and their 'adjustments' for best usage. Doing some searching will give you a lot of reading to do, which you may or may not want to do. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Have fun with your new tractor and equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #8  
Thanks for that 'heads up' on the new product. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower #9  
beenthere is right about the I-Match or any quick hitch for that matter. Once you get the system working, you're hooked on the convenience. I have a Cat I Speeco on my JD4610 and a Cat II I-match on my JD5525. All of my tools are compatible, whether originally designed that way or by modification. The convenience is beyond description. Now if somebody could perfect the self-connect PTO shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD iMatch compatibility with Bush Hog mower
Thanks again bennthere. Yes I have found many threads on this subject which has provided much interesting and informative reading. I have both a ballast box and a rake which attached very quickly so I like to imatch and would like to try to adapt it to the bush hog. My dealer has ordered me the JD imatch adapter kit that JD sells with its frontier brand rotary cutter to see if that would help. Otherwise, I will be seeing a welder but we should be able to easily adapt something. thanks again for your help.