Turning Radius

/ Turning Radius #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
I was thumbing through they kubota and jd website and was looking at the min turning radius for the kubota BX 2230 and jd 2305. They are about 7.5 ft but nowhere does it say how they are measured. How is this measured? What are the uncut radii of of the tractors with the 60' (kubota) and 62" (deere) deck?

/ Turning Radius #2  
I would guess its measured with no implements and uncut. I dont think the Kubota has cutting brakes, my BX23 doesnt.

/ Turning Radius #3  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The Case brochure for the ST34A lists the turning circle as 98 feet. The bigger ones are at 110. Think it might be a case of a missing decimal point?

/ Turning Radius #4  
A point to ponder on turning circles . . .

Tractor front ends cut the wheels much farther over than you'd find on a car - near 80 degrees on many machines. That gives a tight turn circle spec but in real life turning that sharp will rip grass and if you have a load in a bucket the tractor is easily destabilized and it's also easy to break a tire bead off the rim.

So even if the turn circle is 10 feet you'll get better operation if you do not utilize full steering lock most of the time.