Tractor per hour rate?

/ Tractor per hour rate? #31  
Rates are all over the place on the map. I have been checking TBN and other forums now for two years. Rates are the lowest in the south, especially Texas. They get higher the farther north you go. New England is very high and California is very, very high.

From what I have seen, Texas - $25.00 to 35.00 per hour. Rest of south - $35.00 to 45.00. Midwest - $40.00 to $50.00. Michigan - $50.00 to $60.00. New England - $65.00 to $75.00.
California - $80.00 up.

These are just based on my own Internet forum observations, others may differ.

I choose to charge $60.00 per hour ($80.00 for backhoe or power rake). I was going to charge $50.00, but have decided I will charge higher or will stay home. I have other income anyway, even though I am running the Kubota as a business now.

ksmmoto

/ Tractor per hour rate? #32  
I currently charge $55.00 an hour for FEL and Box Blade work with a $220.00 min. I have all toe work I can handle doing lot clearing and grading.

/ Tractor per hour rate? #33  
Here're my numbers: B7510HST with LA 302 FEL bought in last May. Hours so far: 45. Payments to date: $1980. Cost per hour (excluding fuel): $44.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I got bids last April of $50-55/hr to brush hog my 10 acres. So I'm ahead on that count even figuring in the $650 I paid TSC for my 48" KK brush hog.

And I've saved even more. My contractor wanted about $800 tacked onto his bill to backfill the trenches and grade around the foundation to my new house. I did it myself with the Bota in a few hours and had a lotta fun doing it.

/ Tractor per hour rate? #34  
Mr. Steve,
You're thinking ahead..that is good.
In the aviation business, we figure "reserves" for the plane.
How long should the engine last divided into how much does it cost to have it done.
What are the oil, filter, fuel costs per hour?
How about tires?
Regular maintenace?
You get the idea.
Write it ALL down.
You will be surprised how much it costs.
Then take this money as you charge it, set it aside in something called savings-an unusual concept these days.
When you need it, you are better off for it.
On top of this, what is YOUR time worth?

This is one place to start.

Best of luck,
JB

/ Tractor per hour rate?
Thanks everyone for your replies, lots of info!