possible injector problem

/ possible injector problem #1  

goaliedad

Gold Member
Tractor
KUBOTA L175
recently I had to pull the head off my Kubota l175- debris got into the intake- long story. It's back together and after bleeding the fuel lines, up to the injector, it will start and run. at full throtle it has little power, and very black exhaust. any thoughts?

/ possible injector problem #2  
was any work done on the pump or the injectors? Sounds like one or more injectors may not be "breaking" correctly (at the proper pressure). A few more details may be necessary before we can point you in any direction.
Does it run rough at idle? Any smoke on start up? If so, what color?

/ possible injector problem
thanks for the response- it seems to run ok at start up and idle- a little smokie- white or gray. it does not shut down when the throttle is closed- it keeps running very slowly.

/ possible injector problem #4  
starting to sound like a timing issue. Does the inj pump have any timing marks on it? I had an old 5.7 chevy that would white smoke bad on startup then clean up as it warmed up. I had the pump "retarded" too much. Injection pump timing is sort of like spark timing on a gasser. You want the injector to "break" or spray just before top dead center to get the best burn.

/ possible injector problem #5  
When you had the head off did you look at the injectors. Depending on how hard the debris was it could knock the tip off the injector.