how dealers get mad customers

/ how dealers get mad customers #21  
WOW !! I think I would tell him to keep them and then go find a new dealer !!! If he is willing to rob you like that then I don't see any moral reason why you could not tell him to keep them, even though you asked him to make them for you.

I'm not big on shafting anyone, but, It is better to be the shafter then the shaftee !!!

/ how dealers get mad customers #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ask him before you accuse him of hosing you down. )</font>

Hah... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ how dealers get mad customers #23  
I'm a dealer, but not a tractor dealer. The first thing I'd recommend when presented with a bill that seems out of line is to question it. Mistakes are made. If that didn't result in satisfaction from the management, I'd find another dealer. A reasonable profit is to be expected. Gouging is unforgiveable.

Tom

/ how dealers get mad customers #24  
I had 2 - 1/2" X 3 ft hoses made by the local hydraulic shop with swivel fittings for my FEL, cost $72 for both, and I thought that was a bit high!

/ how dealers get mad customers #25  
jpm -

I am allowing this to "bug" me. Something just doesn't add up here, and I have a low tolerance for such things.

I would like nothing better than for you to simply return the hoses to him and not pay the "bill".

A few questions. What is his stated return policy? Have you installed the hoses yet? What discussions have you had with him regarding the price he has charged you for the hoses? Have you told him how much (or how little) you could have had the same hoses made for elsewhere?

In short, what gives here? Inquiring minds would really like to know.

Thanks, John D.

/ how dealers get mad customers #26  
I have to agree with Bird on this it sounds like a billing error was made. I can't imagine someone charging so much over the normal price and think the customer won't complain. But I guess you had already checked with the dealer to make sure of the accuracy of your invoice before making this post.

/ how dealers get mad customers #27  
Do you have an account with this dealer and picked up the hoses without seeing the bill? If I had 2 hoses made and he told me in person $300.00. i would start laughing and tell him to try again. If he told Me the same price again I would walk out without the hoses and not feel guilty.

/ how dealers get mad customers
I do have a account with the dealer so its normal to get a bill later on . I posted this because i wondered if "retail" was that out of line.
I didn't want to make a big deal until i was shore the price was out of line and to cool off a little. It's always better to argue over a bill
when you are calm. Monday i will give him a call and ask @#@ /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ how dealers get mad customers #29  
Sounds like this dealer may be kin to BIG OIL ! His family may own Shell ! LOL I would go to the dealer and see if a mistake was made in the billing process as this price sounds way too high. If he tells you this was the correct price, I would ask for a refund and go elsewhere for any future purchase's.

Good luck,
Curt

/ how dealers get mad customers #30  
Mornin jpm,
OUCH, thats crazy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just one example I want to give you and I will go away. On my MF 1040 I have a MF 232 loader. The previous owner was a landscaper and he mostly used the loader to load mulch on customers vehicles. There was a spot on the front of the loader were the mulch accumulated and after I had the tractor a few months that one of those hydraulic lines rotted out from the mulch and moisture. I went over to Salem Farm Supply on rt 22 in Salem, Ny and they made up a replacement line 5ft long and I also bought 5 gals of hydraulic fluid. Total bill $40. You might think about using them, there just over the Vt/Ny border. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

scotty