how dealers get mad customers

/ how dealers get mad customers #1  

jpm

Platinum Member
Tractor
4110 mahindra
I just got a bill from my dealer for two hyd.hoses he made for me.
two 6 foot 5/16 dia.hoses for a small $300.00 Is this normal? I can
find out the real list and cost easly, i want to know is this how badly
the end user gets "hosed"

/ how dealers get mad customers #2  
The last time I had hoses made up at NAPA it cost me $15 per hose, fittings included. Unless there is something very unusual about your hose requirements you did not get taken advantage of or hosed, you were robbed. I would do some local research and make sure that you can get a price for non "GOLD" hoses and fittings that are reasonable, then take the hoses back and get your money back or at the very least let the dealer know that you are going to tell all your friends so they do not get hosed as well.
Farwell

/ how dealers get mad customers #3  
A few months ago I had my Caterpillar Dealer make up two similar hoses. I was in a hurry, so they made them while I waited...$65 ea plus tax

/ how dealers get mad customers #4  
What ends are on them? Just pipe thread, or are they a special banjo or other fitting?

5/16 is kinda odd for me, 3/8 or 1/2 is what I know.

But, if these had no special ends, are reg hose (not metal) someone put a decimal point in the wrong place.

--->Paul

/ how dealers get mad customers #5  
I had a 8 footer made up for the dozer last fall it cost me $63.

/ how dealers get mad customers #6  
2 ft x 3/8 hose with flare nut fittings both ends, about $25 at a local hydraulic specialty shop while I waited. Same thing six months later. And I thought that was expensive!

I suggest go in and reason with the owner.

/ how dealers get mad customers #7  
Did you inquire before hand on price? Or did you have a general idea in mind from the dealer before hand?

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ how dealers get mad customers #9  
Let's hope when someone typed up the bill, he just accidentally hit an extra zero. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ how dealers get mad customers #10  
something doesn't sound right. I make a phone call before getting completely upset