Made in China chain ??

/ Made in China chain ?? #11  
<font color="blue">My characterization of "overhead" lifting would be along the lines of "if it falls, somebody may cry."

Vertical lifting would be characterized as "if it falls, somebody will merely cuss".
</font>

Rick you and I are in agreement on those points. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Made in China chain ?? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know I opening up a can of worms here. But, I have never heard what the real problem is with using the Chinese made chain. Looking at a grade 70, 3/8", for booming down a 24 HP tractor. Can it be that bad? Don't hit me too hard , just asking. )</font>
~~~~~~~~~This has been discussed many times and places on the board.
I've see the answer to your question somewhere in the forums.
------------------------------------------------------
MY FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev5003.htm
OUR FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6003.htm
------------------------------------------------------------~~~~~~~~~

/ Made in China chain ?? #13  
I've been using my China made 3/8" G43 chain from HF for dozens of 100 mile round trip tractor tows. 4 chains, 4 binders, loaded way below the ratings of the chain. The chain is used exclusively for binding this tractor and shows no sign of stretching, bending, corrosion, or failure.

We live in a global economy, lots and lots of chain from china is sold in the US, I think a china man can have just as bad a day as a US chain maker so I have concluded it doesn't matter where chain is made. Don't you think we would hear about it? Don't you think the american chain guys would make sure we heard about it?

The next big can of worms is G70 chain or G43 chain. Lots of talk on that too, but the same conclusion that there is no conclusion. People are still using yellow straps for crying out loud.

When you ask an american chain supplier if they should buy chinese chain you already know what their answer is going to be. They will further sway you with threats of safety and how you could kill someone to try and scare you into buying their chain. Take their advice with a grain of salt.

Since you already came to the table with G70 3/8" chain I would recommend you purchase that along with similarly rated binders from any country of origin. In hindsight, I only wish I had purchased G70 chain, but not such a big regret that I would waste my G43. Be sure that the chain and binders have the Grade or rating cast into them for future reference.

Yes, lots of worms on this one.