2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500
   / GRUBBING #4  
Grubbing. And Welcome.

Attachments

• 812232-grubbing.JPG
    812232-grubbing.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,045
   / GRUBBING #5  
Thanks, a pic is worth a thousand words huh?
I think I need to do some grubbing around my property.

CJ

/ GRUBBING #6  
Your welcome. I'm not sure of the dictionary def, I take it to be clearing the land of trees, stumps and rocks like my ancestors did, with a tractor and chainsaw. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Here's a pic of a pile of rocks my forebears piled up for me to make roads out of. I don't know how they knew I would need it. I wish they would have sorted it a little better.

Attachments

• 812416-rocks.JPG
    812416-rocks.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 879
   / GRUBBING #7  
Then here's one stretch of road I made out of it. I keep finding these piles of rock. Sometimes I'm standing on them and they are so covered with leaves and moss I don't even realize it. They usually dumped the rocks off a ledge so it seems like part of the hill. I'm just getting back to a motherload of road making rocks with literally hundreds of yards of stones. I took a pic but it was getting dark and didn't come out to well.

Attachments

• 812417-road.JPG
    812417-road.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 748
   / GRUBBING
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Your welcome. I'm not sure of the dictionary def,
1* I take it to be clearing the land of Brush trees, stumps and rocks. )</font>
<font color="red"> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx </font>
Grubbing is what my dad called it.
He didn't have any tractor chain saw weed eater or power mower or any other power equipment to use so it was all done by hand with axes hand saws picks hand rakes and shovels.

When I'm out clearing my land with the BX23 chain saw weed eater and lawn tractor I think of my poor old dad doing it the hard way back then.
Almost makes me feel guilty.
Makes me wish I could somehow go back in time and lend him a hand with my tractor and power equipment or better still just do the job for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MY FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev5003.htm
OUR FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6003.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/ GRUBBING
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi New member here! First post ever! Excuse my ignorance, but what is Grubbing?

CJ )</font>
HERE YOU GO

grub (/grub/)
v., grubbed, grub·bing, grubs.

v.tr.
To dig up by or as if by the roots: grubbed carrots with a stick.
To clear of roots and stumps by digging: grubbed a small plot.
Slang. To obtain by importunity: grub a cigarette.

v.intr.
To dig in the earth: grub for potatoes.
To search laboriously by or as if by digging; rummage.
To toil arduously; drudge: grub for a living.

n.
The thick wormlike larva of certain beetles and other insects.
A drudge.
Slang. Food.

[Middle English grubben, from Old English *grybban.]
grub'ber n.
::::: ::::: ::::: :::::
Grubbing terminology is used in the heavy construction business and by engineers in sp ecification for earthwork. You have pay items for clearing and grubbing the land to used for a construction site. It simply is removing trees, bushes, sod from the land.

/ GRUBBING #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi New member here! First post ever! Excuse my ignorance, but what is Grubbing?

CJ )</font>

MVvineyard,
When I was a lad "new ground" was still being cleared with a crosscut saw and axes. When the land was then cultivated, sprouts were on the remaining stumps, and small bushes continued to grow. We used a heavy hoe, called a "grubbing hoe" to knock the sprouts off the stumps and to dig the small bushes. Usually planted corn and watermelons in the new ground. The good ole days?????.
TK